House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Property Lion quarterly current asking price index.

I've waited months for this...on Wednesday I'll be releasing the @UkPropertyLion current asking price index.

I currently have no idea if it will be up or down but it WILL BE INTERESTING.

Tune in Wednesday...

3 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I've waited months for this...on Wednesday I'll be releasing the @UkPropertyLion current asking price index.

Tune in Wednesday...

on the radio ;)

2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Tune in Wednesday...

will it be based on current asking prices rather than like the right move original asking price?

looking forward to this, we'll done for putting it together.

On 09/07/2018 at 10:36, warrior88 said:

Hoping this will show realistic trend in the market

That's what I'm hoping too, half way figure was down 2.5% but can be skewed if it did all the rich/poor areas first.

22 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

That's what I'm hoping too, half way figure was down 2.5% but can be skewed if it did all the rich/poor areas first.

Looking forward to this - hopefully it did all the 'better performing' areas first.

40 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:
July 12th

PropertyLion 1st quarterly current asking price index from checking rightmove Properties
under £1m, up 1.9%
All properties up 1.06%
Number of listings also up.
The insanity continues

See you all in 3 months

Thanks, Count. Will you be releasing any finer detail on this? E.g. by region?

With a bit of effort we could do.

Iirc the saved data is missing a bit of vital info but could rectify that going forward.

I've given up waiting for HPC and leaving for foreign shires in a few days do don't currently have time to move  this much further forward so it is what it is

Count, you've clearly not learned from Halifax and co. If the quarterly figure doesn't give you what you want, focus your presentation on the monthly total, the annual number etc. Should it be needed, throw in some mystical seasonal adjustment for good measure too.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the core data for Property Lion?  I've never heard of them, but presume it is another VI party.  Has anyone ever tried to recreate the figures of a major index?  Until this is done, the VI Indexes will always be horseshyte, whether showing up, down or sideways numbers.

5 hours ago, Freezer? Best place for it said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the core data for Property Lion?  I've never heard of them, but presume it is another VI party.  Has anyone ever tried to recreate the figures of a major index?  Until this is done, the VI Indexes will always be horseshyte, whether showing up, down or sideways numbers.

This is no VI index, this is from data grabbed from right move. No bullssst, no manipulation, no bias, just the current average price for the best part of 500,000 currently active rightmove listings, it is effectively the raw current asking price index of the RM data.

It's much higher than RM which is odd in itself.

I did the <1m index just to remove any skewing from dodgy listings and high priced homes.

Its been compiled by property lion see @PropertyLion in twitter, PL is effectively me, if you don't know who I am then ask about, have a look @HousePriceMania to see my views on this insanity.

I though the index was going to be down, but its not, couldnt believe it to be hobest. The fact listing volumes are up is the only good news, will report on those on Sunday and recheck my findings.

Until we get a year or two's worth of data this index is just a short term indicator.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

This is no VI index

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't dissing you, your views, or the index.  Just querying why the major indexes are taken at face value, and asking whether anyone has, or can, replicate the data in order to identify the lying organs that are accepted by the Great Unwashed.

Total properties currently up for sale was found to be

439723, up 1.06 %

Prices of properties priced over £1M actually fell 0.22%  and number of properties listed over £1m up 9% in 1 quarter !!!!

They're all rich !!