House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sledgehead

Dinosaur Alert!

I'd hoped our gender had stopped giving the girls ammo by now, but there are clearly corners of society that female empowerment have missed by a wide margin:

BEGINNERS COURSE - AM

Ideal for ladies or beginners who have just passed their driving test.

https://www.ufixautos.co.uk/

C'mon guys, it makes for a pretty funny joke, but really?

22 hours ago, Sledgehead said:

I'd hoped our gender had stopped giving the girls ammo by now, but there are clearly corners of society that female empowerment have missed by a wide margin:

C'mon guys, it makes for a pretty funny joke, but really?

How do you feel about (White) men generally being portrayed as either socially inept nerds or uncouth bumbling idiots in mass-market shows?

53 minutes ago, chronyx said:

How do you feel about (White) men generally being portrayed as either socially inept nerds or uncouth bumbling idiots in mass-market shows?

It's annoying, tho not unwarranted in a surprisingly high proportion of cases. My Brother and Father, one a civil, the other a mechanical engineer (and I do mean engineer), much as I luv 'em, both suffer from the affliction. Chances are I do too, tho naturally I can't see it. It leads to the patronizing raising of eyebrows amongst certain types of women.

I think I can confidently predict that those same shows depict women as mentally unstable, with a tendency to exhibit either extreme loudness,  social retreat or capable of dissolving in tears at any opportunity. And I'm sure that is annoying for women, but I would also respectfully suggest there is a degree of truth there, much as there is with men being socially retarded.

Because such shows are supposed not to be comedy, I find both depictions lazy and annoying. And it's even more annoying, I'm sure, when somebody assumes such stereotypes in their marketing material.

In comedy it can be funny, and both genders know it.

11 minutes ago, Sledgehead said:

I think I can confidently predict that those same shows depict women as mentally unstable, with a tendency to exhibit either extreme loudness,  social retreat or capable of dissolving in tears at any opportunity. And I'm sure that is annoying for women, but I would also respectfully suggest there is a degree of truth there, much as there is with men being socially retarded.

Well, you're fair, can't argue with that 

(Although I think you're meant to use the terms 'empowered', 'finding myself' and 'emotionally aware'. :lol:)

5 hours ago, chronyx said:

Well, you're fair, can't argue with that 

(Although I think you're meant to use the terms 'empowered', 'finding myself' and 'emotionally aware'. :lol:)

Quite 😄

2 hours ago, Bradbury Robinson said:

Always place the spare/flat under the vehicle until the car is back on the ground, just in case that cheap ass jack fails.

Many years ago I was with my dad in his Austin Sheerline when there was a loud bang, tyre blowout. Much searching for the jack, then a eureka moment, knob located and turned and as if by magic the Jackall Hydraulic System lifted all four wheels off the ground :D.

http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/forum/phpbb/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6087

3 hours ago, Bradbury Robinson said:

Always place the spare/flat under the vehicle until the car is back on the ground, just in case that cheap ass jack fails.

depends what jack it is 

these are terrible  

s-l1600.jpg

the scissor ones don`t fail  unless you don`t level it first 

s-l1600.jpg

On 06/07/2018 at 12:34, longgone said:

she knows how to loosen the nuts 

And how to remove them.

And how to raise a jack.

And how to screw.

And what's she really doing at 1:42?