House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crazypabs

James Brokenshire MP housing - speech in hp

I have noticed a trick that's often used in the past few years starting with Cameron, you will get some government front or back bencher who basically just states the bleedin obvious and years later you find yet again they did nothing. I have seen T. May do it more than anyone, she will say "this should be happening" or that's a bad thing" is if so how acknowledging the concern will leave people happy and warm.

"We have a housing crisis, the NHS needs more money, we must not stab each other in the eyeballs, you should wipe your bottom after a pooh"

I have stopped listening now especially when it comes to housing policies, I have listened to every housing minister  in the last decade and everyone one without fail was going to do xyz, they appear on BBC 5 live a few times and then run off to write a book or tend to their own BTL portfolio and once they have served their time in a job they knew they would not leave their mark they normally are let free within 18 months to do a proper job

22 minutes ago, inbruges said:

I have noticed a trick that's often used in the past few years starting with Cameron, you will get some government front or back bencher who basically just states the bleedin obvious and years later you find yet again they did nothing. I have seen T. May do it more than anyone, she will say "this should be happening" or that's a bad thing" is if so how acknowledging the concern will leave people happy and warm.

They can BS and massage employment figures, NHS funding, living standards and educational debts etc..... but the one thing they can't fudge anymore is with housing. The other bread and butter areas it's too difficult for people to pin down as they can confuse people with abstract arguments. With housing the facts are staring everyone in the face, that people are renting longer and paying massive amounts for a tiny crap hole, family members living at home into middle age, people up to their eyeballs in crippling mortgage debts. The Tories record in government is going to be impossible for them to defend at the next General Election. The Tories at the next election are going to be absolute toast and it sounds like Oliver Lewin is beginning to realise it.

11 minutes ago, Philby1 said:

The Tories record in government is going to be impossible for them to defend at the next General Election. The Tories at the next election are going to be absolute toast and it sounds like Oliver Lewin is beginning to realise it.

That's why I am voting Labour, I know in my own mind with near certainty that they are going to tank the UK economy, but that will now be my message to the Tories. You wanted me to back you up and live by your ideals, but you choose not to pay me and took care of yourself and your old friends.

27 minutes ago, Philby1 said:

They can BS and massage employment figures, NHS funding, living standards and educational debts etc..... but the one thing they can't fudge anymore is with housing. The other bread and butter areas it's too difficult for people to pin down as they can confuse people with abstract arguments. With housing the facts are staring everyone in the face, that people are renting longer and paying massive amounts for a tiny crap hole, family members living at home into middle age, people up to their eyeballs in crippling mortgage debts. The Tories record in government is going to be impossible for them to defend at the next General Election. The Tories at the next election are going to be absolute toast and it sounds like Oliver Lewin is beginning to realise it.

I hope you're right, but lets not have an election just yet. Lets wait a while, until the tories are well and truly decimated by the effects of their policies. as the economy, and the housing market, collapses. Cling on, cling on, while the reality dawns on more and more people that the UK is simply not fun.