House Price Crash Forum
dougless

A quarter of estate agents 'in financial distress'

Nice chart. They’ve looked not far enough back. I wonder why!

edit: the article is also ridiculously light on analysis. 

Edited by Ash4781

4 minutes ago, Ash4781 said:

Who will play violin?

Maybe follow them around with a tuba  like they do on the last leg 

24 minutes ago, Saving For a Space Ship said:

Londoners urged to provide homeless EA people with water & Bryl cream during heatwave

https://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/233067-londoners-urged-to-provide-homeless-people-with-water-sun-cream-during-heatwave/

If someone could just extend them a line of credit all their problems would go away.

Think global, act local.ūüėé

Edited by Lord D'arcy Pew

Hardly a surprise. They are effing everywhere.

The Independent saying it's due to a slump in prices. I've often thought they have teenagers running their economics section and this has confirmed it.

1 hour ago, Sperm Donor said:

The Independent saying it's due to a slump in prices. I've often thought they have teenagers running their economics section and this has confirmed it.

Th Indy's just a clickbait farm these days, sadly. Should be squarely ignored.

18 minutes ago, Horseradish said:

his.

A clickbait farm, run by Momentum supporters.

It really is terrible.

I think it's a fairly damning assessment of the profession that there are hardly any supportive comments of EAs on the link website.

If that doesn't tell the industry (and potential government regulators) that something needs to be done to improve its public standing I don't know what does.

I think it's a pity, because I am sure that there are good agents out there who do a good job. Finding them amongst the dross is the problem.

9 hours ago, Mrs Bear said:

Or just a ghetto blaster playing Mozart's Requiem. 

Related - Orff's O Fortuna, to the tune of houses being blown up by nuclear bombs.

16 hours ago, Horseradish said:

Absolutely - I used to read it sometimes 10 years ago, but now it's not in the least bit "independent", every single article is just bashing the Tories and bashing Brexit.

And not even presented as opinion or founded on analysis, but almost as a religious fervour, as if both were the work of the devil rather than democratically voted for by the people of the UK.

(And I actually voted Remain too so it's just that I don't like contrary opinions - but I voted on balance out of two complex options, not as the Independent would have you believe because only the evil or the gullible would vote Leave :( )

So many estate agents in the South must have noticed z big drop in numbers since 2016 they should have closed a long time ago

perhaps they thought the market would pick up not worsen 

3 minutes ago, vincent said:

So many estate agents in the South must have noticed z big drop in numbers since 2016 they should have closed a long time ago

perhaps they thought the market would pick up not worsen 

These cretins will be telling the repo man business is booming as he locks the shutters on them.

EAs lie for sustenance, like plants need water and sunlight.

Edited by thewig

1 hour ago, scottbeard said:

Absolutely - I used to read it sometimes 10 years ago, but now it's not in the least bit "independent"

And not even presented as opinion or founded on analysis, but almost as a religious fervour

Private Eye has had a fair amount of the inside line there over the years. Sad that it was basically gutted.

More competition = lower selling fees, easier to negotiate on price.

......possible to sell via social media, tinternet, handmade board attached to said property, word of mouth etc.....

Many agents now rely on the lettings market to survive......they are talking about tenants not having to pay these fees in future?;)

So this is due to slowing numbers of sales. And that's good news for us, right, because all those sales that didn't happen will be building up pressure, and at some point that pressure will burst through... in a deluge of oversupply.