House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

The slump in London house prices is accelerating

https://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/property-news/london-house-prices-falling-at-fastest-rate-in-almost-a-decade-but-theyre-still-50-per-cent-higher-a121716.html

The slump in London house prices is accelerating with the market now falling at its fastest pace for almost a decade, new figures reveal today.

Can someone with an account post this on the mumsnutters forum....purlease!!!

Oh and on property118.

The we can all stand back and laugh at the responses..."it's just a temporary blip"..."they didn't present their house properly in the photos"..."well my sister-in-laws best friends nan sold her house in half day at 50k over asking so dunno whatyouonaboutmate" etc etc... lolz

not enough dried flowers and twigs painted in wheel paint.  

mix up a bowl of yeast and leave it hidden in the kitchen for that authentic overpowering bread smell.

you need lots of bread in property. 😄

2 hours ago, longgone said:

not enough dried flowers and twigs painted in wheel paint.  

mix up a bowl of yeast and leave it hidden in the kitchen for that authentic overpowering bread smell.

you need lots of bread in property. 😄

You obviously know nothing about selling houses in the current market. At the very minimum, you need to organise a raffle or maybe throw in a a 'free' Mini with the sale, anything but lower the price. 

7 hours ago, Diver Dan said:

You obviously know nothing about selling houses in the current market. At the very minimum, you need to organise a raffle or maybe throw in a a 'free' Mini with the sale, anything but lower the price. 

100 free mini`s might do 

I was in St Ives, Cambs  yesterday for the first time in several months and made the big mistake of looking in the estate agents window, I never look at property websites such as Rightmove or in EA windows these days. St Ives was always my plan B if things went wrong and for some reason this insane property ponzi never collapsed and for some reason I could not possibly think of now that my basic maths which the rest of the UK just cannot seem to see was indeed wrong.

From what I could see a lot of people never caught onto St Ives and it had so much going for it, very close to Cambridge as well which is a big bonus. Even when prices were high St Ives was still very affordable to me at one time, and if I had to get off my high horse and concede defeat there could be far worse places to live. 

Well yesterday I did look at the prices and nearly chocked on my Waitrose salad, there is no prices dropping  up here from what I can see I am afraid, I hope this London collapse gets up here soon.

2 minutes ago, inbruges said:

Well yesterday I did look at the prices and nearly chocked on my Waitrose salad, there is no prices dropping  up here from what I can see I am afraid, I hope this London collapse gets up here soon.

That euphemism is new to me. Why can't you just use mayonnaise like everybody else? 

31 minutes ago, inbruges said:

no wonder you cant buy! try a Lidil salad..

you probably have avocado on toast too ;)

28 minutes ago, hurlerontheditch said:

no wonder you cant buy! try a Lidil salad..

you probably have avocado on toast too ;)

I love Lidl and Aldi for some bits, do 90% of my shopping there.

1 hour ago, inbruges said:

I was in St Ives, Cambs  yesterday for the first time in several months and made the big mistake of looking in the estate agents window, I never look at property websites such as Rightmove or in EA windows these days. St Ives was always my plan B if things went wrong and for some reason this insane property ponzi never collapsed and for some reason I could not possibly think of now that my basic maths which the rest of the UK just cannot seem to see was indeed wrong.

From what I could see a lot of people never caught onto St Ives and it had so much going for it, very close to Cambridge as well which is a big bonus. Even when prices were high St Ives was still very affordable to me at one time, and if I had to get off my high horse and concede defeat there could be far worse places to live. 

But, house prices have nothing to do with basic maths ...... when numbers can be doctored by the bankers with 'their' thin air credit QE HTB etc etc..

Shame, the root cause (the bankers) is never really discussed here these days, as they once were..... history to repeat etc...

??

^Don't be silly, 'without the generosity of banks and the help to buy scheme I wouldn't have been able to afford to buy my house'.

Is what the vast majority think.

3 hours ago, cnick said:

But, house prices have nothing to do with basic maths ...... when numbers can be doctored by the bankers with 'their' thin air credit QE HTB etc etc..

Shame, the root cause (the bankers) is never really discussed here these days, as they once were..... history to repeat etc...

??

Nothing to do with basic maths??...yes and no...FTBs and others without HPI gains from previous houses have to pay back their mortgage (with interest) from taxed real money...the basic maths of their miserable position will weigh heavily on them all their lives.

As for the bankers being the root clause...I liken blaming the bankers to blaming a dog that bites you rather than the owner of the dog for not controlling/training it.  Bankers will always do what bankers do and go as far as they are allowed and dare.

On 29/06/2018 at 09:53, cnick said:

??

I don’t think the banks really are to blame any more, not in the way they once were. 

Houses remain expensive primarily because the government, including the BOE, are pumping billions of pounds into the mortgage and housing markets.

The housing crisis may have started as a failure of the mortgage market, but it has since become government policy.

Edited by BuyToLeech

26 minutes ago, BuyToLeech said:

The housing crisis may have started as a failure of the mortgage market, but it has since become government policy.

Gotta keep them boomers sweet

On 29/06/2018 at 07:55, inbruges said:

I was in St Ives, Cambs  yesterday for the first time in several months and made the big mistake of looking in the estate agents window,

Well yesterday I did look at the prices and nearly chocked on my Waitrose salad, .

Just so I get the picture in my head straight - you were walking along the street in central St Ives eating a Waitrose salad or if the box and looking in estate agents' windows? 

I've often seen people eating in the street, but rarely Waitrose ready made salads. 

13 hours ago, Ah-so said:

Just so I get the picture in my head straight - you were walking along the street in central St Ives eating a Waitrose salad or if the box and looking in estate agents' windows? 

I've often seen people eating in the street, but rarely Waitrose ready made salads. 

Of the 1000's of things to pick up  on a property website you waste time bringing nonsense like this up. Every supermarket in the UK now has a salad and sandwich bar for lunch, Morrisons being the best one I might add

42 minutes ago, inbruges said:

Of the 1000's of things to pick up  on a property website you waste time bringing nonsense like this up. Every supermarket in the UK now has a salad and sandwich bar for lunch, Morrisons being the best one I might add

Feels like the early stages of you being outed as an 'obvious troll' 😂

Be afraid ;)

41 minutes ago, inbruges said:

It was not a serious challenge - it was more the image of you eating a salad in the street while looking through an estate agent's window.

But  you didn't answer the question although did provide a useful fact that Morrisons provide the best (although not to me as there are few Morrisons in my neck of the woods).

3 hours ago, btd1981 said:

Feels like the early stages of you being outed as an 'obvious troll' 😂

Be afraid ;)

On 29/06/2018 at 07:55, inbruges said:

(Emphasis added)

• Title of this thread "The slump in London house prices is accelerating"
  • Claims to never look at house prices in estate agents windows
  • Claims to never look at property prices on the internet
  • Also spends so much time on the internet that they are able to rack up over 700 posts in 5 months on housepricecrash.
  • On this thread about London house price falls accelerating decides to post about St Ives and posts about house prices in St Ives going up
  • Between May 2007 and April 2018, house prices in Cornwall have gone from £208k to £231k on the Land Registry data. That's average an annualised rate of 0.95% over the time considered (in real terms house prices in St Ives have done nothing in a decade)
  • Despite the persistent modest nominal HPI in the region he describes and the persistent real falls of house prices in the region, @inbruges claims that the level of house price inflation in St Ives nearly made him "chock" [sic]
  • Daft attempt at the end of an entirely off-topic post to give the post an on-topic veneer

image.png.95087e101f3e91859e862c00bae09d66.png

At the very best @inbruges is just someone with no discernible interest in house prices who for some unknown reason is suddenly making 120 posts a month on a forum board called "House prices and the economy".

For my money that begs an obvious question  - why? - and there's a gathering body of evidence that what @inbruges is really motivated by a desire to promote his strongly held political views. However, in terms of what makes him a troll the nature of his political views is essentially irrelevant. You could have poster called @inkremlin who believed that the only path forward for British society was a Stalininist-flavour authoritarian communism. If they kept banging on about the need for a good purge and the evils of false consciousness when the thread was about equity release mortgage lending then, in my book, the hypothetical @inkremlin would be an obvious troll, just as inbruges is an obvious troll.

There are lots of reasons why people troll but the effect is always the same. They disrupt threads and reduce the extent to which the House prices and the economy sub-forum can function successfully as an open forum where people can discuss house prices and the economy.

EA:  Gary! There's a bloke looking in our window eating a Waitrose salad...

Gary: I remember when we could afford those..

EA: Glory days, Gary....glory days...

Gary: Any of that Greggs pasty left?

Edited by juvenal