House Price Crash Forum

Advertised With 25k Loss

dave

HOLA441

Nethouseprices

14 Midland Avenue Stapleford Nottingham NG9 7BT

With PART EXCHANGE CONSIDERED. "This property has recently undergone a general programme of modernisation and improvement and is now offered For Sale in a ready to move into condition with the benefit of a re-fitted kitchen and bathroom. The property is double glazed and gas centrally heated with carpets and floor coverings throughout."

Looks like they spent a few grand doing this one up as well. This looks like a huge loss. The only thing I think this could be is that they built another house next to it and sold it (look at 12a, which sold for £155,000). If they did, then they made a huge profit. Not sure unless without looking at the property in more detail.

HOLA442
HOLA443

The note, part exchange considered does rather suggest a developer at work....

Well HE/SHE is not a good developer- they bought it for £175K in 2004!!!

4 03/06/2004 £175,000 Det. F/H Map 14, Midland Avenue, Stapleford, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG9 7BT

HOLA444
HOLA445

Being so close to the M1 motorway (soon to be widenned to 8 lanes) is considered to be a good thing?

Not defending them, but if they particitioned off some of the land, built another house and then sold both, they probably did alright.

You're assuming a lot, these are not big properties, look at the place and check the government's MAGIC website for an oversight of the plot.

Yup, tons of land to sell off on these plots :lol: :-

magic.GIF

post-2525-1138749671.gif

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA446
HOLA447

Thats hardly "close to" the M1,

my rented house is within stone throwing distance from the M2, doubt it makes much difference to the price...

I've lived in a house over 2 miles away from the M6 and I could hear the roar and white noise in the morning.

I think people underestimate these things <_<