House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
apom

I Have To Ask... Poll Time :)

all arguments, economic theory.. sentiment.. market indicators..

All that aside..

Isn't the only real point that it is so damned obvious..?

For me, this could be the bubble with the most long-term damage, but the Nasdaq bubble really took the biscuit in terms of sheer stupidity, when you consider that people actually believed that a website running from some PC in a student's dorm-room could be worth more than the GDP of a small country!

Edited by Van

Isn't the only real point that it is so damned obvious..?

No, I don't think it is obvious mainly because before I found this site I hadn't even thought about the possibility that it was a bubble.

A lot of the other people posting on here have the same story I know - that they were looking to buy a property and then found this site.

I accept that some of the people on here believed it was a bubble first and found this site later but to many on here there was a time when it wasn't obvious at all.

Whether or not I would be able to see the bubble now - a bit further down the line - if I had not found HPC.co.uk, I will never know.

I think the whole reason that the whole farrago has gone on so long is that it's not particularly obvious to the uninformed observer. No way is this more obvious than (say) Tulipomania or the South Sea Bubble.

For me, this could be the bubble with the most long-term damage, but the Nasdaq bubble really took the biscuit in terms of sheer stupidity, when you consider that people actually believed that a website running from some PC in a student's dorm-room could be worth more than the GDP of a small country!

Yep, voted 'No' for the same reason.

Question should have been "Is this the most dangerous bubble in history?", then I would have voted 'Yes' in a heartbeat.

I spotted the tech crash a mile away.. Geeky online zine that I go to,

www.theregister.com

was touting the tech stock madness a full 12 months before it crashed. Like the story about the shoe shine boy,, when everyone tells you its time to go in then you know its time to get out.

i'd heard so much about tech stocks but didn't turn on the internet till July 2000........and the minute i switched on i could see that already-established traditional companies who were lagging in their internet exposure would very soon catch up and scupper the likes of lastminute.com.......

Things like aMAZON AND EbAY DO OK THOUGH

No, I don't think it is obvious mainly because before I found this site I hadn't even thought about the possibility that it was a bubble.

A lot of the other people posting on here have the same story I know - that they were looking to buy a property and then found this site.

I accept that some of the people on here believed it was a bubble first and found this site later but to many on here there was a time when it wasn't obvious at all.

Whether or not I would be able to see the bubble now - a bit further down the line - if I had not found HPC.co.uk, I will never know.

did you find the site by typing ''house price crash '' into Google like most of the rest of us???

did you find the site by typing ''house price crash '' into Google like most of the rest of us???

No, I think I typed into Google something like 'advice for first time buyers' and was directed to the leaflet on the front page of HPC which basically advises first time buyers not to buy!

I remember I was quite shocked because no one had ever suggested to me that there might ever be any down side to buying a property.

Like winning the lottery, buying a house was seen by everyone around me as a universally good thing regardless of the state of the economy/housing market.

So I'm really glad I found this place or I would be living in an overpriced shoebox right now!

I spotted the tech crash a mile away.. Geeky online zine that I go to,

Spotting the bubble early is much easier than correctly guessing the top.

I saw 3 years (or more) ago on TV someone going on about house prices crashing.

More than likely we will all be going on about it in another 3 years time.

There is still no actual trigger to pop the bubble – bubbles don’t usually slowly deflate but that is what we are seeing at the moment – I still think it’s 50:50 to house prices going up (interest rates being reduced to 2% ish) or house prices crashing (inflation and interest rates rising)