House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Darby Ram

Housing raffles have eaten themselves

Buying a £5 raffle ticket to win a house is incredibly boring. Why not buy a £5 share in a company that helps hard-pressed homeowners set-up raffles and sells £5 tickets to other people instead?

949969791_Screenshot2018-06-2511_15_18.thumb.png.1ff25a9f94620fa3acc1837f5a4abea6.png

It's a goldmine, I tell you, get your shares before they sell out!

1 hour ago, Darby Ram said:

Buying a £5 raffle ticket to win a house is incredibly boring. Why not buy a £5 share in a company that helps hard-pressed homeowners set-up raffles and sells £5 tickets to other people instead?

949969791_Screenshot2018-06-2511_15_18.thumb.png.1ff25a9f94620fa3acc1837f5a4abea6.png

It's a goldmine, I tell you, get your shares before they sell out!

3 things shock me about that (in no particular order):

1.  That the company is purportedly valued at £2m.
2. That 75 people think it's a good investment to buy into the share offer.
3. That Busta didn't think of this first.

Edited by Exiled Canadian

7 hours ago, Eddie_George said:

National Lottery?

Brilliant! If a house only gets offers below it's true market value (as agreed by a panel of local BTL landlords) then the national lottery buys it and demolishes it in the national interest to keep house prices up. You could call it help to climb the ladder.

Has any house raffle actually worked?

Ive seen a few people do this with sports cars too, not seen one actually go to the raffle yet

Buying a house is the biggest gamble most people ever make...this I guess was always true to some extent but HMG have so grotesquely distorted the market that it has now become a huge stakes gamble...rigged but liable to unravel and ruin countless people...and all people want is a home.