House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Si1

Demand that the Liberty concert on Sword Beach on D Day 2019 be cancelled or moved to a more suitable location.

On the 75th anniversary of D-day there is planned a concert on the sacred ground itself where the landings occurred. What could be more insensitive to the dead and their memory. Sure hold a concert to commemorate, but somewhere more suitable, not sacred ground where thousands fell. Not in the name of virtue signalling.

Petition is here if you want to sign:

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/837/564/760/demand-that-the-liberty-concert-on-sword-beach-on-d-day-2019-be-cancelled/

I think it depends on the tone of the concert. A wild bouncy rave would be a bit insensitive, but something more sombre and reflective could be appropriate. Presumably the latter is what they have in mind.

On 23/06/2018 at 19:01, Si1 said:

On the 75th anniversary of D-day there is planned a concert on the sacred ground itself where the landings occurred. What could be more insensitive to the dead and their memory. Sure hold a concert to commemorate, but somewhere more suitable, not sacred ground where thousands fell. Not in the name of virtue signalling.

Petition is here if you want to sign:

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/837/564/760/demand-that-the-liberty-concert-on-sword-beach-on-d-day-2019-be-cancelled/

They're not virtue signallers. they're FREEDOM FIGHTERS

See?

I think the only missing requirement is a glittery rainbow-wrap landing craft mobile bar.

Say it with me: Peace, freedom and an inclusive society.  Peace, freedom and an inclusive society. Peace, freedom and an inclusive society. Peace, freedom and an inclusive society. Peace, freedom....

On 23/06/2018 at 22:48, Dorkins said:

I think it depends on the tone of the concert. A wild bouncy rave would be a bit insensitive, but something more sombre and reflective could be appropriate. Presumably the latter is what they have in mind.

Not sure that's the case, Indeed Sting is booked.

https://news.sky.com/story/veterans-horrified-at-plan-for-d-day-concert-on-sword-beach-for-75th-anniversary-11421362

veterans have queried whether it's possible there is any stretch of beach that didn't see deaths. 

2 hours ago, Si1 said:

Not sure that's the case, Indeed Sting is booked.

I wonder whether he'll do his set with Shaggy.

That was a real crowd pleaser at the Queen's Birthday concert:

The Queen looks bored shitless at her 90th

— lauren (@LaurenCrane21) May 15, 2016

landscape-1463392485-queen-elizabeth-bor