House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nick_wacker

Rewards Credit Cards

anybody have any advice for the best rewards credit card deal out there?

MBNA have recently stopped their rewards scheme which I'm with. So currently its between Tescos club points card and the sainsburys card with nectar points. Searching for the top rated cards lists the amex cards first but I gave up with my Amex a few years ago as nobody would accept it.

When I looked into cards a few months ago for my wife, the one that best suited her needs was the "Asda Cashback Credit Card". No fees and you can set up a DD so there's no chance of incurring interest charges. 1% cashback on spend at Asda, 0.2% on all other purchases. When she's built up a few quid cashback, she prints a voucher, hands it in at the till at Asda and it comes straight off her spend that day.

On 23/06/2018 at 16:07, Nick_wacker said:

anybody have any advice for the best rewards credit card deal out there?

MBNA have recently stopped their rewards scheme which I'm with. So currently its between Tescos club points card and the sainsburys card with nectar points. Searching for the top rated cards lists the amex cards first but I gave up with my Amex a few years ago as nobody would accept it.

I creamed the previous mbna rewards scheme - got all sorts of free household gadge.  Think it switched to 0.5% cash-back on visa which I thought was ok so just stayed with it (although cash is much less fun than points gadge you are too tight to buy normally).  I found amex Ok as you just get used to learning the typical stores that would take it with the visa alternative for everything else.  Problem now is EU credit card fee cap killed the amex reward model (essentially shop price cross subsidy between those who pay with amex and those who don’t), hence why I have just stayed with the new mbna visa model.  I think mbna/BoA kept subsidising the points reward scheme for customers until they locked in the company sale to Lloyds.  Hey ho, still hoping to bank a couple of hundy free money p.a.  NB.  If you find anything much better please post it here.

well i've gone for the tesco clubcard credit card, it gave you a 1000 points upon receipt of your first payment (i.e not when you first open it) and we tend to shop their quite a bit so can redeem the points.

I think it boils down to where you shop most.