House Price Crash Forum

Chasing the market down like a greyhound after a mechanical hare

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I've known second hand car sellers apply the same logic, cut the price by £100 a week til it sells. In the case of mount pleasant they are cutting £10K a week. 

Although not sure why they cut the price by a fiver, i'd assume that cost them more than a fiver in fees.

HOLA444
21 minutes ago, regprentice said:

I've known second hand car sellers apply the same logic, cut the price by £100 a week til it sells. In the case of mount pleasant they are cutting £10K a week. 

Although not sure why they cut the price by a fiver, i'd assume that cost them more than a fiver in fees.

10K a week will only take then 30 weeks to find the actual market value.

HOLA445
HOLA446
4 minutes ago, GettingBored said:

I could post hundreds of examples like this, there are just so many. Currently there are over 3k price reductions on Rightmove every single day.

I guess you are talking unique ads. Very good nonetheless. Which parts are showing the highest proportion of reduction in volume?

HOLA447
HOLA448
19 minutes ago, GettingBored said:

I could post hundreds of examples like this, there are just so many. Currently there are over 3k price reductions on Rightmove every single day.

<plug>
For anyone not using Property Log you can get it here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/property-log/jccihedpilhidcbkconacnalppdeecno
</plug>

Just installed it. Looks great. Thanks very much GettingBored. And you can still see the other Chrome extension which is helpful until (hopefully) Property Log gets bigger and bigger. Thanks again.

HOLA449
9 minutes ago, Freki said:

I guess you are talking unique ads. Very good nonetheless. Which parts are showing the highest proportion of reduction in volume?

Hard to say, I'd need to run some reports to find that out, leave that with me. I'm actually in the process of putting together regional (county) stats pages that will give a pretty good breakdown.

6 minutes ago, Si1 said:

What's difference between property log and property tracker, also on Chrome store?

Property Log has a similar look and feel to Property Bee (which so many people love) showing you a table of drops next to each property. It's also constantly being improved and is super fast (it won't slow down your browser). Whilst PT is similar it doesn't show the drops without clicking into a popup and was last updated in Jan to support the new layout on Rightmove.

Give Property Log a try, if you don't like it then you can always stick with PT :)

HOLA4410
23 minutes ago, GettingBored said:

<plug>
For anyone not using Property Log you can get it here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/property-log/jccihedpilhidcbkconacnalppdeecno
</plug>

Why did Rightmove show a rise last month then?

HOLA4411
17 minutes ago, Freki said:

Forgot to say, yes, unique ads.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Donor said:

Just installed it. Looks great. Thanks very much GettingBored. And you can still see the other Chrome extension which is helpful until (hopefully) Property Log gets bigger and bigger. Thanks again.

Glad you like it :) Yes, both extensions will work side by side. Our user base is much larger than the Chrome Web Store indicates, we're at well over 1000 users now and it's growing nicely.

HOLA4412
1 minute ago, GettingBored said:

Forgot to say, yes, unique ads.

Glad you like it :) Yes, both extensions will work side by side. Our user base is much larger than the Chrome Web Store indicates, we're at well over 1000 users now and it's growing nicely.

Ah. Much appreciated.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
25 minutes ago, Sperm Donor said:

Property Log is baked with the property lion database ( every listing on RM ) so should be a great starting point .

@UkPropertyLion twitter feed throws up a few interesting discounts and is picking up follows for fun

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Seeing quite a few multi drop listings thanks to Property Log .

All additions welcomed....

DgI_lR9XkAESW1t.jpg

What gets me about people that have owned property in London for quite a few years now and who whinge about the place on a daily basis have a free ticket to live in some wonderful homes in wonderful towns and villages around the UK with a big jump in quality of life with money to spare after selling up. I have seen 85% ish of my massive family move out of South London and SW19 area and many extended family and friends, none of the elder ones live less then idyllic lives with one in a small holding of my dreams in a small village in Beds/Herts border after leaving a now crime infested part of London.

I have lived in London for 14 years of my life, I totally understand why people say you must live there for at least a few years in your life, more so in your younger years. But if you own a property outright in London now, you have choices that many could only dream of, there is no way I would in listen to a person with a whinge about life in this position.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

One of many in my local area (herts/beds border) either being regularly reduced or just sitting at an unrealistic price and never shifting.  Plus new build estate currently in progress close to my house seems to be struggling to shift a lot of their insanely over-priced houses/flats so thinking may see some reductions there soon too :D

Capture 1.JPG

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
11 hours ago, thewig said:

Did everyone who didn’t buy that hovel above become 50k RICHER since April? Got to be a GDP boost in there somewhere ?

I like your thinking, it's up there was class A drugs and hookers being added to the figures.

So, if someone pay's 500K for a house instead of £1M, they are 500K better off, just add it to the GDP mate.