House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crazypabs

House Firm Shares Tumble

As well as following the general downward trend in property, this bunch operate in a sector (Retirement homes)  that have been involved in dubious valuations, sharp business practices and has generally received some fairly damning comments over the past few years in the media. I would have thought a correction is probably long overdue.

2 hours ago, dougless said:

As well as following the general downward trend in property, this bunch operate in a sector (Retirement homes)  that have been involved in dubious valuations, sharp business practices and has generally received some fairly damning comments over the past few years in the media. I would have thought a correction is probably long overdue.

Dont forget the high service charges and ground rents.

Retirement houses/sheltered housing was always going to found out.

I remember some article of retirement sales tactics - Oh, what a nive place, safe from muggers. Where they pointed out that by moving into shfltered housing, oaps get mugged of 800/m, every month.

Juat buy somewhere small and get some homehelp.

43 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Dont forget the high service charges and ground rents.

Retirement houses/sheltered housing was always going to found out.

I remember some article of retirement sales tactics - Oh, what a nive place, safe from muggers. Where they pointed out that by moving into shfltered housing, oaps get mugged of 800/m, every month.

Juat buy somewhere small and get some homehelp.

Or a flat for £150k in north London with service charges of about £170 a month including insurance and water 

works for my mum and bingo 5 times a week etc 

Cheaper than a young professionals flat

so what’s there to be found out about exactly ?

12 minutes ago, GregBowman said:

Or a flat for £150k in north London with service charges of about £170 a month including insurance and water 

works for my mum and bingo 5 times a week etc 

Cheaper than a young professionals flat

so what’s there to be found out about exactly ?

Is that Churchill or McCarthy n stone?

There are some places whuch do offer good value, safe environment etc. Theres some charities running alms houses.

But McCarthy Stone are very heavily sold .. and heavily billed.

10 hours ago, spyguy said:

Is that Churchill or McCarthy n stone?

There are some places whuch do offer good value, safe environment etc. Theres some charities running alms houses.

But McCarthy Stone are very heavily sold .. and heavily billed.

Old fashioned place neither,  company is  called first port retirement I think by the looks of it they buy up older smaller properties that were purpose built but before the big boys really got going 

I agree with you on the majority since it became an industry since we were looking at all options. 

No different from the general market really in that older ones seem better built, more spacious, less dense and with a lick of paint and new kitchen seem far superior to the modern tat

What we really need is some bloke who works for a building company to give us some anecdotes as to why this is not true and that the market is booming, anecdotally of course.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

20 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

What we really need is some bloke who works for a building company to give us some anecdotes as to why this is not true and that the market is booming, anecdotally of course.

😂😂😂

21 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Stop being a child 

49 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Seeing as persimmon are a listed company then I would look rather stupid if their half year results were poor.  They are likely to be down from last year,  but only by 10-15% as I actually said prior to an official release. 

Today Ladies and Gentlement the second instalment of our House Builders Razed to the Ground Series...

2018-06-20

Berkley - Headline "Berkeley hits peak profits as it warns of London housing slump"

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jun/20/berkeley-peak-profits-london-housing-market-brexit

Summary:

Date Reported Name Fall in Day
Reported
Cumulative Move
Since Reported
19/06/2018 McCarthy & Stone plc (MCS.L) -17% -19%
20/06/2018 The Berkeley Group Holdings plc (BKG.L) -6% -6%

Edited by crazypabs
Site posted prematurely