House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chronyx

Found under a flooorboard today

Someone obviously saw fit to keep this little snippet. I think these were around the time of a property crash?

img002.jpg

url%5D

1988 was just before the crash/ fall in property prices, prices went much lower than that in the next two or three years......BofE base rate up to 13% to 14% in that time.......0.5% today, are properties today 26 to 30 times more expensive?.......😉

Edited by winkie

Properties in the Reading area dropped around 30-35%.  I had friends and colleagues with serious negative equity at the time.  Its good to look back sometimes.

1 hour ago, chronyx said:

Someone obviously saw fit to keep this little snippet. I think these were around the time of a property crash?

img002.jpg

url%5D

I remember when I was an on the tools sparks finding local news papers for the 70's and 80's, that was quite a while back and I remember laughing with my mates how cheap prices were, I cannot believe all these years later it has got worse. I no longer look at Rightmove, if I found an old local newspaper I would bin it on the spot, I just cannot stomach it anymore

15 hours ago, dougless said:

Properties in the Reading area dropped around 30-35%.  I had friends and colleagues with serious negative equity at the time.  Its good to look back sometimes.

In early 1992 I thought my 3-bed end terrace in Wokingham should get £90K. Selling was a nightmare and buyers kept dropping out. Eventually sold it for £55K over a year later. Yes folks almost half-price. I was still in +ve equity though, unlike many people I knew who were at their wits end.

My girlfriend similarly got much less than she wanted for her flat. The good news was that the house we then bought together was also much reduced in price obviously, so can't really say I lost out.

For some reason the lintel in my dad's garage in Aberdeen had been wrapped in newspaper and years later you could still read the house prices in adverts. 

House built after the second world war (street was bombed) and the house prices showing in the adverts were £400 for a 2 bed house. 

Sadly he doesn't live there anymore or I'd post a picture.