House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Cheerio

I'm off... Still renting... Waiting... 10yrs and counting ...

Just need a break having lived through several identities... Hiace-drifter, grab some popcorn.

I hope we're nearly there crash wise.

chin up, don't let the bastards grind you down.

Protect yourself and those you love, what's coming will be still be talked about in history books in 500 years time.

Assuming the species survives that long, obviously.

Gravity will rule, the timing is unknown.  You gave me faith as Hiace drifter (similar areas) and I see signs aren't good.  Its a standoff with pressure building both sides. Whoever blinks first it's going to be a bloodbath.

Question is will the sheeple see it as a result of HPI or blame it on immigrunts and brexit.

1 hour ago, The Crow said:

Just need a break having lived through several identities... Hiace-drifter, grab some popcorn.

Maybe not a bad idea Crow, sometimes you need to dig deep and find something that will just keep you going until the big day. Sad thing about all of this is that there are two sets of losers in a way, those with their lives on hold waiting and renting and those pressured into buying at these insane levels and taking all that debt on. I have my moments when I wonder did I make the right choice, but I am near as certain that I have.

I just wonder though if this did carry on for years or even decades, I really could see a situation where retired people who once worked are homeless or even living on the streets.

3 hours ago, The Crow said:

I trust that you are not going "away the Crow Road".  :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Lambie said:

chin up, don't let the bastards grind you down.

Protect yourself and those you love, what's coming will be still be talked about in history books in 500 years time.

Assuming the species survives that long, obviously.

I think the insanity of what we've already lived through since 2008 will be talked about in the history books in 500 years time.

1 hour ago, nome said:

I think the insanity of what we've already lived through since 2008 will be talked about in the history books in 500 years time.

And it continues, Rightmove showing yet more rises in an already insane market that replaced an already insane one.

6 minutes ago, inbruges said:

And it continues, Rightmove showing yet more rises in an already insane market that replaced an already insane one.

I wasn't referring  just to house prices, I mean everything that's occurred since 2008... bank bail outs, money printing, zero interest rates, insane bubbles across ALL asset classes, stagnant wages, record levels of all forms of debt, obscene wealth accumulation at the very top, etc etc (although house prices are at the heart of it)

18 minutes ago, nome said:

I wasn't referring  just to house prices, I mean everything that's occurred since 2008... bank bail outs, money printing, zero interest rates, insane bubbles across ALL asset classes, stagnant wages, record levels of all forms of debt, obscene wealth accumulation at the very top, etc etc (although house prices are at the heart of it)

I am just hoping the greed now is going to be taken to the next level, trade wars, Italy and a few others joining the UK with leaving the EU and causing dis harmony, the Remainers fighting democracy is going to cause so much damage. And another type of greed coming from the Labour lunatics who think housing and over the top welfare  where you never work and breed can last forever.

It's all going to be thrown up in the air soon and a new chapter written, hopefully  for the better this time

12 hours ago, inbruges said:

there are two sets of losers in a way

Someone on here once pointed out that even the boomers fcuks who are making paper or even realised gains are also losers...dependent offspring, no grandkids, or don't live to see any when they do come around, dying alone with no loving family as the kids are on the other side of the country.

12 hours ago, inbruges said:

etired people who once worked are homeless or even living on the streets

I don't think that will happen. Most have forgotten, but in times of hardship, people pull together to look after each other. Hopefully the government collapses and we can get on with our lives.

1 hour ago, hurlerontheditch said:

the world can stay irrational longer than you can remain sane

Nice

27 minutes ago, Locke said:

Someone on here once pointed out that even the boomers fcuks who are making paper or even realised gains are also losers...dependent offspring, no grandkids, or don't live to see any when they do come around, dying alone with no loving family as the kids are on the other side of the country.

I don't think that will happen. Most have forgotten, but in times of hardship, people pull together to look after each other. Hopefully the government collapses and we can get on with our lives.

Nice

For some of them the feeling of being rich out weighs the harm to the children.  Also some people like being more successful than their children.  Personally I really hope my daughter is a lot more successful than me (not difficult).

time away from this site is a healthy move, this site is epic, but focusing on the lack of what you want is a bad move imo

step away for a month and even if nothing has changed, you havent' spent a month focusing on that which grinds you down!

23 minutes ago, thewig said:

time away from this site is a healthy move, this site is epic, but focusing on the lack of what you want is a bad move imo

step away for a month and even if nothing has changed, you havent' spent a month focusing on that which grinds you down!

+1

I had about 6 weeks off and managed to get UKPropertyLion up and running, now has 700 701 followers on twitter and is picking up followers with  Zero effort.

Time well spent as it's another conduit for getting the message out.

That's about 3000 followes on twitter for UKPropertyLion and HousePriceMania.

Not many dissenting troll voices either.

Everyone agrees prices are mad and are starting to fall.

Interesrting times.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Time away is good, I no longer understand  what HPC is to me personally, is it a site for people who know whats coming, hope what's coming or badly need it to come.

21 hours ago, The Crow said:

According to contrarian principles, the market will crash when HPCers give up on home ownership 🙂

21 hours ago, The Crow said:

Your post amongst a few other things has hit home a little with me. Don't get me wrong I am 100% certain we have major issues with housing in the UK, and it is quite subjective who the real major victims of it all are, my choice are not the people you hear in the media from by lefty liberal people, but the silent working people who have little time to complain.

We are told to ignore what people think of us renters, ignore the judgements, find something in life to do in the mean time, brush of the bragging at dinner parties, if people what to treat us like we are the bottom of the food chain then sod their friendship. It's all so easy to say isn't it, but it does get to you occasionally, and I am sure others are far worse. 

I partly want to just do what you are doing, say f*** it and just block it out of my mind and maybe go somewhere new, and stop reading about it. But right now HPC is a double edged sword for me, hearing from some people makes me feel sane while at the same time it makes me feel life is being wasted.

Oh what to do

9 hours ago, hurlerontheditch said:

the world can stay irrational longer than you can remain sane

hence the biiiiiig push for "mental health awareness" recently

questioning the status quo can easily be made into a mental health condition without most people ever noticing

5 minutes ago, thewig said:

hence the biiiiiig push for "mental health awareness" recently

questioning the status quo can easily be made into a mental health condition without most people ever noticing

There is no doubts in my mind that brainwashing works, marketing and people manipulation is a science where some people are getting very good at it. There was a time when I would have told you that white was always white and black was always black and nothing could alter my thinking on that, well I was wrong. If enough people around you on a daily basis keeping telling you white is really an off shade of black and enough media back them up while calling you an idiot 20 times a day for not seeing it yourself then eventually your head will start to fuzz.

Those who need mental health care are probably the most mentally hardened people out there, there biggest mistake was not being a sheep.