House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crazypabs

Property Log Gets Recognition in 'The Negotiator'

25 minutes ago, crazypabs said:

Just found this article on the lovely Property Bee Add-in for Chrome.

https://thenegotiator.co.uk/rightmove-tool-chrome-extension-propertylog/

Also gives a nod to HPC site too...watch for an increase in trolls from bored EA's lol

Yeah I also saw that, I noticed how they have tried to be a little negative, but I guess they are agent biased and the negatives for most are in fact positives..

Rightmove because it doesn’t reveal their clients’ property price reductions and length of time on the market – and failure to sell them – will no longer be able to hide their difficulties on the portal.

For me, having clear information is a plus.  I hate the fact they can manipulate things to make it look more positive or do pointless price drops of £50 just to trigger email alerts or raise the price just to reduce it again.  We can now see that.

I just tried this for the first time and it's brilliant.

Here's the actual price history of a "reduced" house that rightmove alerted me to today - this is the first house I've tested it with and already the lie detector alarm's gone off.

"Reduced" Price: £185,000

Price Change History
24/04/2018 Price Changed: £179,950 £190,000
05/04/2018 Price Changed: £185,000 £179,950
04/04/2018 Initial entry found.

So they've "reduced" it back to the price it was first listed for, but it's still over £5k more than the price it was for most of April.

Thanks to the developer for their great work and to this forum for mentioning it.

I'm very much looking forward to impressing/annoying a selling agent with my knowledge of what they're up to.

8 hours ago, crazypabs said:

Just found this article on the lovely Property Log Add-in for Chrome.

https://thenegotiator.co.uk/rightmove-tool-chrome-extension-propertylog/

Also gives a nod to HPC site too...watch for an increase in trolls from bored EA's lol

I love this when used with that extension that translates EA descriptions of property to tell you the REAL description

"3 bed hovel disguised as.."

I saw that they featured it and it's quite funny being called an "anonymous geek". The article hasn't really gained any extra users, the install trend hasn't shifted from it's path at all and there wasn't a spike in installs.

Also, the article is incorrect in places, mainly the number of users. The number on the Chrome web store is weeks behind, the extension has well over 1000 active users now and the number's growing every day.

I released a new version of the extension on Friday and have some updates but I'll post those in the other thread later so it's all in one place.

39 minutes ago, GettingBored said:

I saw that they featured it and it's quite funny being called an "anonymous geek". The article hasn't really gained any extra users, the install trend hasn't shifted from it's path at all and there wasn't a spike in installs.

Also, the article is incorrect in places, mainly the number of users. The number on the Chrome web store is weeks behind, the extension has well over 1000 active users now and the number's growing every day.

I released a new version of the extension on Friday and have some updates but I'll post those in the other thread later so it's all in one place.

That's good going GB.  Well done.

I hope a few people have used that donate button.

I'll upload you an updated copy of the property lion database in a couple of weeks.  Wont be long till I get my first 3 monthly actual asking price figure.

I noticed, much to my surprise, @UKPropertyLion usage jumped up and is steadily climbing ( with no effort on my part ) , 729 today, up from 701 yesterday, that's good going for twitter !!!

Im hoping someone with a bit of clout will pick up on it and people pile into it, then I'll have a captive audience to get the message out,

You should bump the Propery Log thread now and again and make sure people know where and how to get it.

It's stilla big thumbs up from me and a big thanks again.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

That's good going GB.  Well done.

I hope a few people have used that donate button.

I'll upload you an updated copy of the property lion database in a couple of weeks.  Wont be long till I get my first 3 monthly actual asking price figure.

I noticed, much to my surprise, @UKPropertyLion usage jumped up and is steadily climbing ( with no effort on my part ) , 729 today, up from 701 yesterday, that's good going for twitter !!!

Im hoping someone with a bit of clout will pick up on it and people pile into it, then I'll have a captive audience to get the message out,

You should bump the Propery Log thread now and again and make sure people know where and how to get it.

It's stilla big thumbs up from me and a big thanks again.

Thanks Count. Looking forward to seeing the results from Property Lion.

I've only had the one donation since I started, if anyone would like to make one then they can here. I'm not looking to make money out of the extension but any help covering the server costs is always appreciated.

I'll update the main Property Log thread shortly, I need to sort out writing a guide on how users can get their Property Bee data into it which I keep putting off.

3 hours ago, Save me from the madness! said:

What's the difference between Property Log and Property Lion? No offence intended as any tools in this area are to be applauded!

Property Log (run by myself) is a Google Chrome extension that keeps track of price changes on Rightmove, it's a replacement for Property Bee (the look and feel is very similar). See here: http://www.propertylog.net/
If you use Google Chrome it's worth installing, link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/property-log/jccihedpilhidcbkconacnalppdeecno

Property Lion (run by The Count) is a tool/service that captures Rightmove price data, highlights the biggest drops and will, over time allow for better data analysis of the UK housing market. RM are quite sneaky with their public data as their customers are estate agents so Property Lion will be able to provide better transparency.