House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Renewed Investor

Anyone got bets on the World Cup?

You got any bets or thinking about placing any? I got lucky with an 8/1 bet on Germany winning the last World Cup so decided I'd stick some money on this one too. This time though I am doing something a bit more risky and interesting so I'll have incentive to watch more of the matches.

I made the following bet and reckon it has a fair chance of panning out. The only ones that are a bit dodgy are Russia winning their group instead of Uruguay and also Colombia winning their group. I went with Russia over Uruguay because I think they have a lot to prove in this World Cup with geo-politics being the way they are. Perhaps there could be some rigging going on too? We'll see. Also Uruguay don't have that many good players, they are basically relying on Suarez to lead the charge. As for Colombia they are in a pretty lackluster group and think that they are balanced enough to be able to put in some consistent performances.

BETSLIPWORLDCUPGROUPS2018.jpg

Russia will do well to get out of their group IMO, let alone top it, the rest are probably fairly safe bets although Belgium could well edge out Enlgland in group G.

It's pretty open IMO, no really outstanding sides out there, I wouldn't be surprised by a first time winner.

On 14/06/2018 at 18:06, Goat said:

Russia will do well to get out of their group

They will, FIFA will ensure it. I'm sure they players will have had a tradition Russia boost.

On 14/06/2018 at 18:06, Goat said:

Russia will do well to get out of their group IMO, let alone top it, the rest are probably fairly safe bets although Belgium could well edge out Enlgland in group G.

It's pretty open IMO, no really outstanding sides out there, I wouldn't be surprised by a first time winner.

looks like they did!.

I would not be too sure about argentina at this stage.

croatia will be a tough match for them.good side.I seriously see that one as a draw.

On 16/06/2018 at 10:54, Peter Hun said:

They will, FIFA will ensure it. I'm sure they players will have had a tradition Russia boost.

Absolutely.

Imagine if Russia were knocked out, we got thru and played another Russia-shy country. If Russians decided they could no longer be bothered, we'd have 50 thousand capacity stadiums with maybe 5 thousand supporters: not great for atmosphere.