House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
maffo in oxford

Zoopla tips: How to stop your property chain collapsing

Now why would Zoopla publish an article on this particular subject?¬†ūü§® Is the market¬†starting to actually¬†fall apart now?

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/moving/buyers-guide/moving-tips/how-to-stop-a-property-chain-collapsing/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=discover&utm_content=move-guides-buyers

You've got to love tip 4 - buy a property below you in the chain.

It'll cost more solicitors fees etc. As well as extra stamp duty.  Then you'll be left with a property that no-one else wanted to buy for what you paid for it.  How many people would realistically opt for that?

11 minutes ago, Just_Do_It said:

It'll cost more solicitors fees etc. As well as extra stamp duty.  Then you'll be left with a property that no-one else wanted to buy for what you paid for it.  How many people would realistically opt for that?

Just buy it and then rent it out innit…………….oh hang on a minute.

41 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

53 minutes ago, Just_Do_It said:

It'll cost more solicitorsÔĽŅ fees etc. As well as extra stamp duty.¬† Then you'll be left with a property that no-one else wanted to buy for what you paid for it.¬† How many people would realistically opt for that?

There are plenty of stupid people in the world.  I would not be suprised if people did this or took out bridging finance at 1.5% a month.  Suicide

1 hour ago, Just_Do_It said:

I would if my house was going for millions and I had to buy a shit sub 200k hole to bank my gains.

I wonder if anyone has had a strange millionaire come and say hey mate i need you to buy off b so > c >d > e > f >and G pays 2 million for my house here is 20k to get it done.

Edited by Fromage Frais

11 minutes ago, Fromage Frais said:

I would if my house was going for millions and I had to buy a shit sub 200k hole to bank my gains.

I wonder if anyone has had a strange millionaire come and say hey mate i need you to buy off b so > c >d > e > f >and G pays 2 million for my house here is 20k to get it done.

yeah, its called Term funding I believe

45 minutes ago, Fromage Frais said:

Cut out the middlemen.

Sell your house to youself!

35 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Cut out the middlemen.

Sell your house to youself!

YES. BOOM! then rent it out to yourself, just bang the rents up sky high, watch the coin ROLL the f*ck in.

Ker- CHINGA!!!

The best way is to avoid a chain altogether, make your offer conditional on a prompt and independent exchange of contracts, but be prepared to play hardball when the EA tries to construct a chain regardless. 

3 hours ago, Just_Do_It said:

That's full blown ponzi.

That would surely be illegal.

4 hours ago, maffo in oxford said:

Now why would Zoopla publish an article on this particular subject?¬†ūü§® Is the market¬†starting to actually¬†fall apart now?

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/moving/buyers-guide/moving-tips/how-to-stop-a-property-chain-collapsing/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=discover&utm_content=move-guides-buyers

Ive read it now.

Wow.

What a bunch of fuxing idiots.

Worse than my family whove spent the last 15 years selling theur houses to each other.

When i say sell, i mean agreeing to buy x house for y, if z buys their house for w.

No houses have actually changed hand. They just keep raising the price.

Best approach is to give such a grotesquely distorted market a wide berth....no chain...no negative equity either....

They have no choice but to try and convince all in the ponzi to keep it going... but the ring leaders are these guys.. the CON servatives.... 

0644EF4F-AEC8-4D43-894F-2D74F5BF6BDE.jpeg

Edited by maverick73

8 hours ago, maverick73 said:

They have no choice but to try and convince all in the ponzi to keep it going... but the ring leaders are these guys.. the CON servatives.... 

0644EF4F-AEC8-4D43-894F-2D74F5BF6BDE.jpeg

The problem is HTB AND Funding for Lending and Term Funding, both of which suprressed the mortgage/savings rates

Without the magicked up cash to lend HTB would have been a pig in a poke.

I 

9 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

The best way is to avoid a chain altogether, make your offer conditional on a prompt and independent exchange of contracts, but be prepared to play hardball when the EA tries to construct a chain regardless. 

Agree totally. Either someone can afford a something or they can't.  If they need to wait for granny to have a fatal accident, or for some idiot to buy their ludicrously overpriced hovel before they can afford the house of their dreams, they really can't afford it. What worries me is that somewhere in Westminster a committee of government ministers will be discussing how public finances can be diverted to solve this problem. 

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

The problem is HTB AND Funding for Lending and Term Funding, both of which suprressed the mortgage/savings rates

Without the magicked up cash to lend HTB would have been a pig in a poke.

Is this tax payer funded schemes or are they under written by the central bank?

Edited by maverick73

16 hours ago, Just_Do_It said:

I seem to recall a year or two ago some London council actually did that? Seemed very dodgy...

17 hours ago, Just_Do_It said:

I've got an even better tip. If your house sale is being held up by a chain, why not just buy your house yourself and cut out the chain completely?

1 minute ago, FabulousSophie said:

I've got an even better tip. If your house sale is being held up by a chain, why not just buy your house yourself and cut out the chain completely?

Sorry, I see Spyguy already beat me to it.