House Price Crash Forum
ItalianV6

Houseprices.io - Anyone here own the site?

The site appears to give some really good detail on recent house sales including the value at which they were previously sold.

What would be really useful to see is some automated analysis by postcode on how recent house sales compare to their previous sold value in previous years.

Certain areas in London appear to have regressed back to late 2013/early 2014 in many cases but it requires some effort to pick these out as many show 'green' because they haven't been sold since the late 90's/early 2000's.

Thoughts?

The problem is that the actual data you would need to know that a 3 bed flat sold for £570,000 in 2014 and £500,000 now isn't exactly available.

From the available dataset's I can give you (if you can match it) the price sold and various pieces of EPC data provided its from before October 2015.

I can also (if you abuse a webapi) give you the council tax band of a property and whether it's been extended or not since its last valuation. 

And if you look at the above the one thing I can't give you is the information you want as what people initially search on (number of bedrooms) isn't actually recorded anywhere on official documents. If we bought on number of rooms or house size in square metres or feet 

18 minutes ago, ItalianV6 said:

The site appears to give some really good detail on recent house sales including the value at which they were previously sold.

What would be really useful to see is some automated analysis by postcode on how recent house sales compare to their previous sold value in previous years.

Certain areas in London appear to have regressed back to late 2013/early 2014 in many cases but it requires some effort to pick these out as many show 'green' because they haven't been sold since the late 90's/early 2000's.

Thoughts?

That would be very useful. I have noticed several houses in parts of London where they appear up for sale at very close or below 2014/2015 prices. But I just don’t have the time to manually trawl through hunting for them. If you could automate the site to scrape houses that have been sold within the last 12 months but also had a previous sale registered in the last 10 years you might start picking out some useful trends.

Yes.

The person does post on HPC.

Sadly, Ive forgotten his tag.

You can get the LR data as a massive excel file.

Or use the Web interface to script the dataout.

houseprice.io does a good job on working the data though,

Interesting. I have been reading up on TensorFlow (machine learning).  It’s beyond my skills at the moment but I really need to start playing with it. As another poster mentions that land registry dataset is big really big for Excel. I think using the WebAPi is a better bet. That’s my plan anyway! 

Edited by Ash4781

20 hours ago, ItalianV6 said:

Thoughts?

evictee

https://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/198281-housepricesio-best-prices-paid-site-ive-seen/

On 09/06/2018 at 10:56, Democorruptcy said:

Thanks I have messaged evictee with a link to this page.

Unfortunately I am just had the idea rather than the technical capability, if evictee has the desire/time/skill to add this functionality that would be great, or even collaborate with someone on here with the skillset. Lets see if anything comes out of it.