House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

winkie

A place to stay Edinburgh

Hi peeps, I have been asked to find a nice place to stay in Edinburgh a special birthday occasion, four adults....nobody has visited the city before. Quite flexible with what accommodation, a hotel or self catering mid range price, central to all that's going on, planning to visit later in the year. ;)

Airbnb are notorious for offering lots of very central flats in the city (ie you hear stories of flats where most of the neighbours are Airbnb).  Think there have been various proposals to reign this in but would imagine it's still a good option for self catering, although if very central i.e old town near the castle etc probbly on the noisy side.

On hotel front I know the royal terrace hotel (crown plaza) has been doing a big refurb which should finish soon...I get the impression it's a hotel that caters to big groups but not sure whether or how better prices can be found for individuals.  Would recommend the location if nothing else as it's minutes from the bustle but on peaceful Street.

16 hours ago, Dogtanian said:

Airbnb are notorious for offering lots of very central flats in the city (ie you hear stories of flats where most of the neighbours are Airbnb).  Think there have been various proposals to reign this in but would imagine it's still a good option for self catering, although if very central i.e old town near the castle etc probbly on the noisy side.

On hotel front I know the royal terrace hotel (crown plaza) has been doing a big refurb which should finish soon...I get the impression it's a hotel that caters to big groups but not sure whether or how better prices can be found for individuals.  Would recommend the location if nothing else as it's minutes from the bustle but on peaceful Street.

Thank you Dogtanian for replying, I will look into your advise and recommendations and share, am sure everyone will have a great time.;)