House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Yellow_Reduced_Sticker

Close Brothers Savings?

Does anyone here have any thoughts/dealings with close brothers savings?

I ask cos I'm about to invest in a 1 year bond, and when i Goggled "close brothers savings reviews"
the reviews are TERRIBLE - though the reviews i found were mainly complaints about direct -debit and insurance ****ups...

reviews:

This bank recently had a 2 year bond paying 4.25%!

Do they know something that we don't regarding future interest rates?

Anyhoo please do post your thoughts THANKS!

Think this is a typo or scam, they have never offered for years any interest rates like that on fixed rate bonds if they did they would be  absolutely swamped , best on offer now is 2.6% on a 5 year deal which is virtually market leading with them. they are also competitive on 2 or 3 year ones, I deal with them and have yet to ever have an issue they pay interest on time and return your cash to nominated bank at the end of the term and are covered by the 85 k UK guarantee . 

On 6/11/2018 at 4:51 PM, papag said:

ve on 2 or 3 year ones, I deal with them and have yet to ever have an issue they pay interest on time and return your cash to nominated bank at the end of the term and are covered by the 85 k UK guarantee . 

I had a 2 year fixed rate ISA with them.  Once the account matured the investment plus interest was immediately transferred directly back to my current account without me having to ask.