House Price Crash Forum

A lot of folks who aint gonna be votin' tory!

HOLA441

The loss of hope must be the most soul destroying for people realising this BS is exactly what it is, BS.

Totally depressing.

My old man (gawd rest 'is soul) was always very disparaging towards all these politicians, shisters and generally useless management of any description/political flavour, and by jimminy as ive got older ive come to realise he was actually correct.

People know deep down how it is, but knowing it doesnt really change it.

HOLA442
HOLA443
5 hours ago, thewig said:

haha fair enough - takes me back to my accountancy days, why the F*CK did I do that again? ah right its because that's what I did last month ?

apologies to any accountants/would be accountants reading (you boring soulless b*stards?

My sister is married to one. 

always looked like a kiddyfiddler to me, bad dress sense not the best personal hygiene either.  

i tend to stay well clear. 

HOLA444
7 hours ago, Lurkerbelow said:

Quite. 

When they lie to my face with statements like this (from the above article) -

“The Government remains determined to restore the dream of home-ownership to even more people, which it is doing through schemes like Help to Buy and by cutting stamp duty.”

It just pisses me off even more.  

They have reached a point now where they think we are total morons and that we will take in anything they say. In 2018 they think we are all stupid enough to believe that we had over a multi £10,000's deposit, sign up to a mortgage deal that means two young hard working educated over average earning people hand their prime years in order to pay for the worst housing 40 miles away from home for the majority of their lives, with no inflation like they had in our parents day to inflate the hell away. But worst of all they think we should be grateful they managed to get us on the "housing ladder", Oh thank you thank you thank you government. And it does not quite end there, if that's not enough they use taxpayers money as well to make this dream possible.

This country has tied itself in knots, that's why so much I want the rule back thrown in the air and all hell to break loose, it's why I want Brexit, Corbyn and a scorched earth policy, we are drowning in out of control dogma,

HOLA445
2 hours ago, inbruges said:

They have reached a point now where they think we are total morons and that we will take in anything they say. In 2018 they think we are all stupid enough to believe that we had over a multi £10,000's deposit, sign up to a mortgage deal that means two young hard working educated over average earning people hand their prime years in order to pay for the worst housing 40 miles away from home for the majority of their lives, with no inflation like they had in our parents day to inflate the hell away. But worst of all they think we should be grateful they managed to get us on the "housing ladder", Oh thank you thank you thank you government. And it does not quite end there, if that's not enough they use taxpayers money as well to make this dream possible.

This country has tied itself in knots, that's why so much I want the rule back thrown in the air and all hell to break loose, it's why I want Brexit, Corbyn and a scorched earth policy, we are drowning in out of control dogma,

You’re on fire recently. Keep it coming.

HOLA446
13 hours ago, fru-gal said:

The thing is, what have the Tories actually done that is really "old Conservative"/ that differentiates themselves from Labour? Immigration under the Tories has been higher than under nuLabour with no plans to reduce it, even after Brexit, they have done a fake job on the welfare bill to look tough but actually very little has changed, they have built no new homes whilst encouraging HTB, BTL and RTB on steroids, the super rich have been allowed to get richer whilst the middle classes are being impoverished, they have kept interest rates low to help the indebted and big business whislt screwing over savers. Not very Conservative. A mix of the worst aspects of neo-Liberalism, so most renters really nothing much to lose by voting Corbyn and Labour.

Yes and no I agee with the fact that they are not that different from Labour and are rubbish.

I am not sure neo Liberalism is in favour of paying people to come here - I don't think Pinochet for example did it in Chile.

Sadly things can always get worse so you can lose by voting for Corbyn.

HOLA447
2 hours ago, inbruges said:

I agree with you but why not vote UKIP instead of a man who wants to get rid of the benefit cap and wants unlimited immigration?

HOLA448
1 hour ago, iamnumerate said:

Yes and no I agee with the fact that they are not that different from Labour and are rubbish.

I am not sure neo Liberalism is in favour of paying people to come here - I don't think Pinochet for example did it in Chile.

Sadly things can always get worse so you can lose by voting for Corbyn.

Free movement/free trade is exactly what Neoliberalism advocates which is why Blair was such an enthusiast.

The UK is heading towards national bankruptcy at a rapid clip because of a protracted failure to tackle the bubble of phantom equity in the housing market. Corbyn's promise to introduce a national program of general needs social housing addresses the issue at root, removing at a stroke the excess demand for private rental accommodation and the conditions of scarcity it engenders, while simultaneously supporting the economy as the private sector deleverages. Clearly, this will count for nothing if immigration is allowed to continue unchecked but the Labour party has yet to cross that Rubicon. A very good start would be to sack Diane Abbott at the earliest opportunity.

Edited by zugzwang

HOLA449
1 hour ago, zugzwang said:

Free movement/free trade is exactly what Neoliberalism advocates which is why Blair was such an enthusiast.

Free movement is one thing but at the moment we pay people to come here with our benefits system

1 hour ago, zugzwang said:

The UK is heading towards national bankruptcy at a rapid clip because of a protracted failure to tackle the bubble of phantom equity in the housing market. Corbyn's promise to introduce a national program of general needs social housing addresses the issue at root, removing at a stroke the excess demand for private rental accommodation and the conditions of scarcity it engenders, while simultaneously supporting the economy as the private sector deleverages. Clearly, this will count for nothing if immigration is allowed to continue unchecked but the Labour party has yet to cross that Rubicon. A very good start would be to sack Diane Abbott at the earliest opportunity.

I agree with that but Labour stopping immigration is about as likely as Nigel Farage being put in charge of a campaign for the UK to rejoin the EU.

HOLA4410
On 29/05/2018 at 11:12, iamnumerate said:

Free movement is one thing but at the moment we pay people to come here with our benefits system

I agree with that but Labour stopping immigration is about as likely as Nigel Farage being put in charge of a campaign for the UK to rejoin the EU.

No gov is going to end large scale immigration any time soon because of this -

image.png.991f37f83b023c7aa7eece6fc3a5fab4.png

We have a giant demographic bulge making its way through the system, and there isn't enough youngsters born internally to carry that weight.   In another 20-25 years maybe when there is a more even demographic profile and automation is really kicking it'll be possible, but it isn't now.   This is the reality but no party wants to say it out loud because the boomers always go ballistic when they get told things they don't want to hear.

Edited by Lurkerbelow

HOLA4411
31 minutes ago, Lurkerbelow said:

We have a giant demographic bulge making its way through the system, and there isn't enough youngsters born internally to carry that weight.   In another 20-25 years maybe when there is a more even demographic profile and automation is really kicking it'll be possible, but it isn't now.   This is the reality but no party wants to say it out loud because the boomers always go ballistic when they get told things they don't want to hear.

Although the births per year graph may look worrying, if you look at the actual demographic distribution of the UK today, a less alarming picture emerges (see chart below from Wikipedia). It is a myth to imagine that there is a lump of baby boomers/generation X moving like a swallowed sheep through the gut of a snake. There are certainly enough youngsters to support the age profile.

Each 5 year cohort contains about 5-7% of the population, until excess mortality kicks in at 65. The low point in births at c.1975 is represented by 6.6% of the population, similar to the high point in births at c.1964 with 7.3%. The excess boomer population is only about 1 million.

Age structure for each five year band[32]
Ages attained

(years)

Population % of total
0–4 3,914,000 6.2
5–9 3,517,000 5.6
10–14 3,670,000 5.8
15–19 3,997,000 6.3
20–24 4,297,000 6.8
25–29 4,307,000 6.8
30–34 4,126,000 6.5
35–39 4,194,000 6.6
40–44 4,626,000 7.3
45–49 4,643,000 7.3
50–54 4,095,000 6.5
55–59 3,614,000 5.7
60–64 3,807,000 6.0
65–69 3,017,000 4.8
70–74 2,463,000 3.9
75–79 2,006,000 3.2
80–84 1,496,000 2.4
85–89 918,000 1.5
90+ 476,000 0.8
Edited by onlooker
Just noticed the figures are derived from the 2011 census, not 2018, so I have adjusted my comparison.

HOLA4412

A lot of folks who aint gonna be votin' tory!

On 28/05/2018 at 16:19, inbruges said:

I am one of them.
No, it's a scorched earth policy as far as I am concerned until I can be convinced that hard work and success does pay. 

Sadly, I don't think there are enough like minded folk out there, with informed opinions and beyond the influence of the relentless media messages.

HOLA4413
28 minutes ago, Lurkerbelow said:

The axis on that chart is miles out which gives a completely false impression

HOLA4414
On 29/05/2018 at 08:24, thewig said:

You’re on fire recently. Keep it coming.

Are you taking the p*** wig or do you really mean that ?

I am actually feeling quite good just lately, and weird as it is might sound my healthy anger comes out and gets directed better. There are times though when all this madness gets to you though and you just feel numb and see fog, I get the feeling many are going that way in the UK housing hell and are giving up fighting, who can blame them.

As tragic as it was I am hating all this Grenfell  coverage at the moment and it really bothers me as to why, it is not the old me, just cannot put my finger on it as to why. There are some massive housing issues in the UK and to me Grefell is only a tiny small part. Yes it was a tragedy, but there are un reported tragedies every day of the week.

HOLA4415
On 29/05/2018 at 08:43, iamnumerate said:

I agree with you but why not vote UKIP instead of a man who wants to get rid of the benefit cap and wants unlimited immigration?

UKIP is dead, UKIP was Nigel Farage and Nigel Farage was UKIP, Bye Bye.

No, we need another option, one that rewards work and putting in, and if people take the welfare  road for example I want hard questions asked as to why ..

i.e  why are you breeding while claiming, 1 of 1000 questions I have.

Then there are the true claimants out there who are fighting because of all the fraudsters who in some case I would treble their payments. I want a political party for poor working people as well as rich ones, and a welfare state that helps those who fall over, and rumour has it that one is planned, wait and see, but UKIP is finished.

HOLA4416
9 hours ago, inbruges said:

No, we need another option, one that rewards work and putting in, and if people take the welfare  road for example I want hard questions asked as to why ..

i.e  why are you breeding while claiming, 1 of 1000 questions I have.

Sadly Corbyn is not that option - even less than May

HOLA4417
10 hours ago, inbruges said:

Are you taking the p*** wig or do you really mean that ?

I am actually feeling quite good just lately, and weird as it is might sound my healthy anger comes out and gets directed better. There are times though when all this madness gets to you though and you just feel numb and see fog, I get the feeling many are going that way in the UK housing hell and are giving up fighting, who can blame them.

As tragic as it was I am hating all this Grenfell  coverage at the moment and it really bothers me as to why, it is not the old me, just cannot put my finger on it as to why. There are some massive housing issues in the UK and to me Grefell is only a tiny small part. Yes it was a tragedy, but there are un reported tragedies every day of the week.

I was being serious. I noticed your posts changed over the last couple of weeks, seems like you’ve stepped out of despair and taken control. You’re on the path!

despair

anger

frustration

hope

belief

knowing

edit: if you’re hating the grenfell coverage stop consuming it. Tv is there for one reason imo, to make you feel a certain way and it isn’t a good way. The “news” isn’t there to enrich your life in any way or inform you in any meaningful way it’s there to make you feel despair/guilt/shame whatever unhealthy emotion you can invoke. Cut it out for a month see what happens!

Edited by thewig

HOLA4418
42 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

Sadly Corbyn is not that option - even less than May

I 100% know that, he will make everything far worse, he might even rub salt in our wounds by having people moving into our potential homes, look at the type on the sidelines that are milking Grenfell now and the multiply that by 10,000. 

No, if the Tories plan for people like me is "well this is what you get if you vote against us", well then f*** them, I will call their bluff, somehow the Tories have got to start looking after average hard working people as well as very rich people. Trying to con people into believing that taking out a mortgage in the £100,000's is a privilege which they will help them with as a favour while these  two young people hand their lives over to a lifetime of work to pay for a ex crack den 30 miles from their community where they have little social life and a worry about even having one baby while they work to pay taxes in order to allow Mohammad to have several with his thick never worked wife.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
On 28/05/2018 at 19:15, fru-gal said:

The thing is, what have the Tories actually done that is really "old Conservative"/ that differentiates themselves from Labour? Immigration under the Tories has been higher than under nuLabour with no plans to reduce it, even after Brexit, they have done a fake job on the welfare bill to look tough but actually very little has changed, they have built no new homes whilst encouraging HTB, BTL and RTB on steroids, the super rich have been allowed to get richer whilst the middle classes are being impoverished, they have kept interest rates low to help the indebted and big business whislt screwing over savers. Not very Conservative. A mix of the worst aspects of neo-Liberalism, so most renters really nothing much to lose by voting Corbyn and Labour.

I can see this happening across the world, old political parties sticking to the neo-liberal status quo by serving the elites and 'wealth creators' while leaving main street to effectively rot.

Trump, Le Pen, Corbyn, Podemos, and now Italy are manifestations of people fed up with the establishment and voting for alternatives whether left or right. 

I think it's worth pointing out that the mortgage many us have or might pay in the future was created out of thin air, requiring us to slave away so the bank keeps the interest. If that was spelled out to people, I think there would be an uprising?

I'm also one of those 'millennials' the news always talks about?

HOLA4424
8 hours ago, thewig said:

If you’re hating the grenfell coverage stop consuming it. Tv is there for one reason imo, to make you feel a certain way and it isn’t a good way. The “news” isn’t there to enrich your life in any way or inform you in any meaningful way it’s there to make you feel despair/guilt/shame whatever unhealthy emotion you can invoke. Cut it out for a month see what happens!

I am so much happier since I stopped listening to the "Today" programme on Radio Four.