House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruce Banner

Yay! At last cash is truly obsolete.

Has anyone actually ever found cash a problem? The only time I have not been comfortable with cash is when needing to transport a lot of currency to make a big purchase. For that purpose Cards are best but for day to day things I have never felt burdened by having to use cash.

1 hour ago, Renewed Investor said:

Has anyone actually ever found cash a problem? The only time I have not been comfortable with cash is when needing to transport a lot of currency to make a big purchase. For that purpose Cards are best but for day to day things I have never felt burdened by having to use cash.

I have never had any problem with cash. It's governments that hate it, far too difficult to trace and tax.

Lest there be any doubt, my thread title was intended to be ironic.

39 minutes ago, Renewed Investor said:

No, although people keep telling me how much more convenient contactless is (apparently even more convenient than chip and PIN). I've yet to figure out how you can be a lot more convenient than something that isn't at all inconvenient. That said I prefer to use card for larger amounts.

That all said getting cash out then spending it and getting more out makes me cringe a bit, but that's an advantage.

Cash is expensive.....expensive to hold, expensive to handle, hardly surprising there are powers that wish to do away with it.....every auto swipe transaction generates a small fee (millions of transactions that quickly add up), using money that is only a number and a few zeros on a screen created from debt......easy money.  ;)

3 hours ago, Riedquat said:

No, although people keep telling me how much more convenient contactless is (apparently even more convenient than chip and PIN). I've yet to figure out how you can be a lot more convenient than something that isn't at all inconvenient. That said I prefer to use card for larger amounts.

That all said getting cash out then spending it and getting more out makes me cringe a bit, but that's an advantage.

I had a great night out with a contactless card, few beers takeaway and a travelcard home. no cash needed. 

The name did not match my own but who cares contactless is king.