House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Saving For a Space Ship

He ran up a million dollars in student-loan debt

2 hours ago, Save me from the madness! said:

will his career really pay that much more to make paying off that debt worth it? The mind boggles

Yeah. Provided he works in private practice in the US he’ll be raking it in.

1 hour ago, Castlevania said:

Yeah. Provided he works in private practice in the US he’ll be raking it in.

but if not, as the article says ..

even as the Journal reported that the debt — on which the orthodontist is not even touching the principal with his $1,589.97 monthly payments — could expand to $2 million over time:

Looking forward to the day we have robot dentists, should really already be possible for a checkup and x-ray.

My dentist is always on the look out to charge.  He insists on x-ray me every time I go.

Edited by reddog

Update from wolf st article on US student / uni debt madness

The State of the American Debt Slaves, Q3 2019: Paying the University-Corporate-Financial Complex

https://wolfstreet.com/2019/11/08/the-state-of-the-american-debt-slaves-q3-2019-paying-the-university-corporate-financial-complex/

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

On 26/05/2018 at 18:33, reddog said:

Looking forward to the day we have robot dentists, should really already be possible for a checkup and x-ray.

My dentist is always on the look out to charge.  He insists on x-ray me every time I go.

I go to a private dentist and she seems to charge me much less then an NHS one. Bizarre but that's what happens when they're incentivised by subsidies.

5 hours ago, Si1 said:

I go to a private dentist and she seems to charge me much less then an NHS one. Bizarre but that's what happens when they're incentivised by subsidies.

NHS dentistry is not especially cheap, as often as not. I also found out what you have.

I'm informed that it can also be less good in that cost considerations sometimes result in an extraction where private dentistry would save the tooth.

I used to wonder about those queues along the streets of Scarborough, it was I think, when a new NHS dentist rode into town. Then I realised that they comprise folk who get NHS dentistry free and who can't afford owt else.