House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
adarmo

BoE ready to act. ... allegedly

Guardian is as bad a source as you can get these days.  They'll write any old s***e for clicks.  Alternative source: 

https://www.fxstreet.com/news/boes-carney-economic-weakness-in-q1-likely-temporary-201805241934

• Likely to take similar approach to policy as after June 2016 referendum in the case of ‘disorderly’ Brexit.
  • BoE can tolerate lengthier inflation overshoots, up to a point, in exceptional circumstances.
  • Rates to be driven by demand in economy if Brexit is smooth.
  • ‘Gentle’ path of rate hikes expected dependent on the economy. Growing faster than 1.5% trend rate.
  • Could need faster rate hikes than may conditioning path if investment recovers much more strongly.
  • BoE’s Carney: economic weakness in q1 was most likely temporary.
  • Entering ‘critical phase’ of Brexit process, monetary policy ready for all Brexit outcomes.
  • Banks have liquidity for ‘cliff-edge Brexit’.
  • Forward guidance increasingly vital as a result of Brexit supply shocks.
  • Uncertainty over consumer spending in short-term.

He says everything and nothing at the same time.  Only got to keep this charade up for another year before he passes the buck to somebody else. His time in office will look like an unmitigated success.  

I know there's a BOE clueless thread on here, but I'm beginning to wonder if he's a genius.  Printed like mad, barely touched interest rates and talked the markets into where he wants them to be.

Edited by sisyphal

1 hour ago, sisyphal said:

Guardian is as bad a source as you can get these days.  They'll write any old s***e for clicks.  Alternative source: 

https://www.fxstreet.com/news/boes-carney-economic-weakness-in-q1-likely-temporary-201805241934

• Likely to take similar approach to policy as after June 2016 referendum in the case of ‘disorderly’ Brexit.
  • BoE can tolerate lengthier inflation overshoots, up to a point, in exceptional circumstances.
  • ‘Gentle’ path of rate hikes expected dependent on the economy. Growing faster than 1.5% trend rate.
  • Could need faster rate hikes than may conditioning path if investment recovers much more strongly.
  • Entering ‘critical phase’ of Brexit process, monetary policy ready for all Brexit outcomes.

He says everything and nothing at the same time.  Only got to keep this charade up for another year before he passes the buck to somebody else. His time in office will look like an unmitigated success.  

I know there's a BOE clueless thread on here, but I'm beginning to wonder if he's a genius.  Printed like mad, barely touched interest rates and talked the markets into where he wants them to be.

Regardless of this, for now BOE will do anything in power to stop increasing interest rate. Debt bubble has to be sustained even if it is short term.

Can someone please tell me what the hell Carney does for all that money on a day to day basis?

As soon as I saw this headline and the word "act" in a nano second I knew it was yet again Carney saying he would not raise rates or might even drop them, that's his job, there seems to be nothing else apart from visiting school children who are clueless as to what he does or even who he is or a vocal Remainer who has yet to get just one prediction right.

"Aw, c'mon! Whaddya mean, interest rates can go UP?!? That just doesn't happen! Yer kiddin' me, right? Look, don't do that to me again, OK? Hell, for a second back there I thought that was real..."

(M Carney)

9 hours ago, adarmo said:

Mark Carney has signalled the Bank of Englandwould be prepared to cut interest rates – or freeze plans to increase them – in order to support jobs and economic growth should Britain be plunged into a disorderly Brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/may/24/bank-england-ready-act-uk-faces-disorderly-brexit-mark-carney-says

I look forward to them "remaining vigilant" just as they did when it came to the need for increased rates.

In the event of disorderly brexit BOE state they intend to increase debt, inflate asset prices, risk confidence in the currency, increase inequality and unsettle social cohesion.

I would question his approach and motives.

9 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

Listen plebs, if you won't let this Brexit nonsense go and die in a ditch somewhere then you'll all be punished.  Think of the bankers for God's sake you selfish scumbags.  Now get back in that hole.  Thank you.   (M Carney)

I think he wants a hard Brexit, then he can get a boner as he drops rates (along with his pants) again. A bit of QE on top and will make him all hot and bothered too

13 hours ago, sisyphal said:

Maybe he's a genius. He is definitely not stupid. 

10 hours ago, inbruges said:

Can someone please tell me what the hell Carney does for all that money on a day to day basis?

As soon as I saw this headline and the word "act" in a nano second I knew it was yet again Carney saying he would not raise rates or might even drop them, that's his job, there seems to be nothing else apart from visiting school children who are clueless as to what he does or even who he is or a vocal Remainer who has yet to get just one prediction right.

He writes insightful narrative around the forward guidance. 

To us mere mortals that might be interpreted as:

=[F**K all]^(1/2)

One wonders now if Carney engaged Cambridge Analytica to fiddle election in favour of Brexit in order to have good excuse for never raising rates.......

....... passes doobie on

6 hours ago, adarmo said:

Maybe he's a genius. He is definitely not stupid. 

https://notayesmanseconomics.wordpress.com/2018/05/25/why-sometimes-ive-believed-as-many-as-six-impossible-things-before-breakfast-says-mark-carney/#comments

Shaun Richards recent blog highlights his utter incompetence, and shows this clown to be the confused charlatan that he is. 

If the economies he left (leaving) were not debt fuelled property bubbles thanks to his policies (TFS, more QE, no raising of rates) then i'd agree, but he has made a dreadful situation far worse.

Hes a one trick pony who blows property bubbles so funds seep into the economy, this strategy blew up the banking system in 2008 and he followed this plan just a few years later which highlights his intellect, the fact it hasn't blown up as of yet is more down to luck than judgement imho.

This from 2015

Edited by TJHooker

Carney has done a fantastic job at fulfilling his remit... Inflating asset prices, make the wealthy even wealthier and turn the plebs into obedient, compliant, debt slave worker drones.

Edited by nome

Two things is happening with Carney, and both at the opposite end of the success scale. On the one hand he will have you believe that the "miracle economy"  has flourished under him, where the wealthiest 1% have become richer on a yearly basis since he arrived and we are all now nice and safe financially  etc.

On the other hand he is like my Dad when we were kids driving to the sea side holiday who constantly lied while driving on how long we would take to get there "nearly there" he would say  two dozen times and then arriving at midnight. Carney is forever telling us that we are not quite there yet with the economy so cannot put up interest rates just yet.

But unlike my dad getting us to the seaside at Midnight we all know that Carney is never going to get us to our destination of a self reliant economy that runs on a capitalist free market system that works under it's own steam. If that's where we arrived and I still failed to buy my own home I would close my account here in seconds and hold my hands up and say fair cop.

On 25/05/2018 at 22:47, adarmo said:

One wonders now if Carney engaged Cambridge Analytica to fiddle election in favour of Brexit in order to have good excuse for never raising rates.......

....... passes doobie on

woah.gif

On 25/05/2018 at 06:52, adarmo said:

Mark Carney has signalled the Bank of Englandwould be prepared to cut interest rates – or freeze plans to increase them – in order to support jobs and economic growth should Britain be plunged into a disorderly Brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/may/24/bank-england-ready-act-uk-faces-disorderly-brexit-mark-carney-says

Unreliable boyfriend?

Nah, more like an abusive husband. All smiles in public and everyone loves but beats the Mrs at home and convinces her she's no good without him

On 25/05/2018 at 07:52, adarmo said:

Mark Carney has signalled the Bank of Englandwould be prepared to cut interest rates

Whats left to cut?

If he did do this it would be just a token gesture, there is only two types of scenarios with rates now, freeze or rise.

On 27/05/2018 at 07:07, Tapori said:

Unreliable boyfriend?

Nah, more like an abusive husband. All smiles in public and everyone loves but beats the Mrs at home and convinces her she's no good without him

Abusive hubby in an arranged marriage given he was imported by the country's then guardians....

16 hours ago, adarmo said:

Abusive hubby in an arranged marriage given he was imported by the country's then guardians....

What is the British Royal Family and Aristocracy...

landscape-1497281251-gettyimages-5211395

Edited by Tapori