House Price Crash Forum

What is it with the BBC, you just get the picture of whoever wrote this with his trousers and pants around his ankles and kleenex on the table next to him as he scribbles this s*** away. Good old BBC journalism, PC, social and left wing engineering, but as long as it never effects the price of my home, the very attitude that has probably contributed to the social problems they claim to care about

Amusing article. I searched locally for houses over 1 million - currently 15 on the market. There's been 25 houses over £1 million sold here since 2007 according the the BBC stats , so just over 2 per year. I think those people trying to sell their houses will be waiting rather a long time..

On 18/04/2018 at 20:47, Timak said:

There are currently 70 houses on the market within Cambridge (plus 3 miles) for in excess of £1m.

Edited by Timak

2 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

When I hear the phrase "million pound house" I still think of a Footballer's mansion.  I do not think of a ugly mid-terrace in the **** end of Kilburn.   I have such out of date perception.

It's not you!

But are those 1 m houses ones which where previously listed for 1.3/1.5 etc etc

In my patch its definitely slowed in this zone.  If its 3 acres with a river frontage and over 350m2 with a guest house and helipad... and in a great area its better value for 1 million than the 500k 150m 4 beds in the same approximate areas.

19 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

When I hear the phrase "million pound house" I still think of a Footballer's mansion.  I do not think of a ugly mid-terrace in the **** end of Kilburn.   I have such out of date perception.

Nah I wouldn't pay a million quid for a  chavie McMansion. You should get at least a gate house, a gardener's cottage, a deer park, a bit of shooting and an historic stately home. A bit like this one, except you probably need a few million quid to run it.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44580774.html

On seconds thoughts probably need to stick to those  prisoner cell block H estate  homes in Norwich and pay the extra they are asking. What's 1.53 million anyway.

Edited by crashmonitor

This says POA but I know it's £1m. You can also tell by doing a wider search and seeing where it figures in the prices.

It was on for £525k with a an agricultural occupancy restriction, now that's been removed and they have planning for 4 gypsy/traveller hard standings it's doubled in price. 

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-71764805.html

Must admit I'm a bit confused about who has the money/inclination to buy that set up.

36 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

It was on for £525k with a an agricultural occupancy restriction

How about this one with an agricultural occupancy restriction? I always wonder where the farm workers with mega-incomes are to afford houses like this.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/47190832?search_identifier=33671ba3caa6297c1d6ca53d9d8f1cb9

2 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

This says POA but I know it's £1m. You can also tell by doing a wider search and seeing where it figures in the prices.

It was on for £525k with a an agricultural occupancy restriction, now that's been removed and they have planning for 4 gypsy/traveller hard standings it's doubled in price. 

Must admit I'm a bit confused about who has the money/inclination to buy that set up.

Gypsies, M6 motorway...sounds like perfect heaven.

11 hours ago, The Crow said:

I'm sure Norfolk is lovely... But will 7 people with that much money/debt all want to live in that one street?

There's several small developments like that in Essex. I know of two within a few miles of each other.

I call them debt row.

5 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

So you c an remove an agricultural tie if you allow gypos on site?

Its says planning so maybe you just remove the tie a nd do not allow the gypos on?

Cambridge has the fastest selling £1m-plus homes in Britain, taking 45 days to secure a buyer, according to a property website.

Rightmove said the top five fastest-selling £1m property locations were all outside London.

The others were Edinburgh, Harpenden, Bristol and St Albans.

The figures come after BBC research revealed sales of £1m-plus homes rose to a new high in England and Wales last year.

A total of 16,119 property sales for £1m or more were completed last year, up 5.4% from the previous high in 2016.

the only way is up

Doubtless some are escapees from London having cashed in their chips in the capital.  They only need to sell a flat in London to buy an expensive house elsewhere in the UK.

As good as a lottery win for some who have timed it right😂