House Price Crash Forum
Maximus Skepticus

Still cant bring himself to accept crashing prices...

3 hours ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

What makes me laugh is the constant political subtext in these articles.

So for example, he (rightly) calls out Osbourne, but conveniently forgets the 10+ years of excesses of New Labour.

Yep Labour (New)... creamed from all over society 🤣 

One has just come on in my search area for over 50% more than it sold for on the open market 9 MONTHS AGO... the new vendors haven't so much as even changed the toilet seat since buying it.

Some crash this.

5 hours ago, Maximus Skepticus said:

even with all the 'points' he makes, the evidence is there....just let it go finally...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/10/celebrate-house-prices-falling-britain-property-values

Apologies in advance if posted already.

He says the market is dead 'cos prices are falling ....... the market was dead when the prices were rising ...... there ain't a market

48 minutes ago, nome said:

One has just come on in my search area for over 50% more than it sold for on the open market 9 MONTHS AGO... the new vendors haven't so much as even changed the toilet seat since buying it.

Some crash this.

Which area is this?

2 hours ago, nome said:

Some crash this.

Has it sold?

7 hours ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

So for example, he (rightly) calls out Osbourne, but conveniently forgets the 10+ years of excesses of New Labour.

Especially odd as Larry Elliot is the co-author of a very readable account of the Blair years.

61piqdb1aQL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

16 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

Has it sold?

Only came on yesterday.

It's this one, 5 Mona Lodge, was on for £79,950 last year, sold for £75k in August after about 2 months on the open market.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54528075.html

(Feel free to contact the agents and ask why it's apparently now worth 54% more than it was 9 months ago)

2 hours ago, nome said:

5 Mona Lodge

I'm seeing similar here, (another tourist area).  Massive demand for anything that can be holiday let.  And estate agents / buyers prepared to stretch their definition of holiday-let all the way to a poky new-build one bed with the hallmarks of quality you'd expect from today's help-to-buy creations.

7 minutes ago, maverick73 said:

He’s gearing up to drop interest rates - Link

Bricks will become move valuable than the currency 🤣

Telling us what we already know. The MSM are so limp and the LIBLABCON so complicit and incompetent he can do as he pleases to save his property bubble.

22 minutes ago, maverick73 said:

He’s gearing up to drop interest rates - Link

Bricks will become move valuable than the currency 🤣

Another injection of helicopter money via the TFS so it isn't recorded as govt debt. Scandalous.

These are the only bricks I'm interested in.

Discover-Gold.jpg

"He still cant' bring himself to accept crashing prices"

Because they are not, and if you call this a crashing market then I would be massively disappointed if that was the case, this is nothing like a crashing market. I really wish some on this board would stop getting ahead of themselves, it will be as clear as daylight when or if the crash takes place, you will almost be able to feel it.

5 minutes ago, inbruges said:

"He still cant' bring himself to accept crashing prices"

Because they are not, and if you call this a crashing market then I would be massively disappointed if that was the case, this is nothing like a crashing market. I really wish some on this board would stop getting ahead of themselves, it will be as clear as daylight when or if the crash takes place, you will almost be able to feel it.

Exactly, i can't see a crash with Carnage ready to print, drop interest rates and debase the currency.

16 minutes ago, TJHooker said:

Exactly, i can't see a crash with Carnage ready to print, drop interest rates and debase the currency.

I honestly don't think Carney can effectively do any of those things, should a financial or property crash kick off I think he has about  1/10 of the armoury the BOE had in post 2007. If anything could be done then my money would be on political interference such as off the richter scale immigration, but the voter would not stand for it.

Next few months are going to be interesting, and we are getting deadly close to chasing the rich for more tax money, which should have been done a long time ago, and that coming from someone who is no longer anywhere near the left

5 hours ago, nome said:

Only came on yesterday.

It's this one, 5 Mona Lodge, was on for £79,950 last year, sold for £75k in August after about 2 months on the open market.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54528075.html

(Feel free to contact the agents and ask why it's apparently now worth 54% more than it was 9 months ago)

That's kind of my point. Who cares what they ask for?

Needs a total renovation but 115k seems like loose change to the SE which is why the ripple has to (and is) running its course.

8 hours ago, Bricks n' mortar said:

I'm seeing similar here, (another tourist area).  Massive demand for anything that can be holiday let.  And estate agents / buyers prepared to stretch their definition of holiday-let all the way to a poky new-build one bed with the hallmarks of quality you'd expect from today's help-to-buy creations.

Yep, just what I'm seeing.

At one time the houses bought as holiday homes/holiday lets were just your typical twee white washed cottages with sea side themed interiors... now just about anything and everything is being marketed and sold as holiday homes/holiday lets, even ex-council houses on estates well away from the coast.

1 hour ago, nome said:

Yep, just what I'm seeing.

At one time the houses bought as holiday homes/holiday lets were just your typical twee white washed cottages with sea side themed interiors... now just about anything and everything is being marketed and sold as holiday homes/holiday lets, even ex-council houses on estates well away from the coast.

And sheads too... maket the same message long enough, equates to brainwashing.

10 hours ago, zugzwang said:

Another injection of helicopter money via the TFS so it isn't recorded as govt debt. Scandalous.

So, once again, I had to look TFS up..... It is , it would seem a big fvck off type number.... 127,000 MILLION!!

Soooo, what is, exactly......" Aggregate outstanding TFS drawings as at 31/03/2018 (£mn) " ......described in terms that would be understood by tomorrows debt underwriters ...... ie a 12 year old ...... (and me)

Also... what did, for example AIB(UK) need £250,000,000 for exactly..... (nice round sum innit)

All this from the table about two thirds down the page

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/markets/quantitative-easing-and-the-asset-purchase-facility

Edited by cnick
the usual

4 minutes ago, cnick said:

So, once again, I had to look TFS up..... It is , it would seem a big fvck off type number.... 127,000 MILLION!!

Soooo, what is, exactly......" Aggregate outstanding TFS drawings as at 31/03/2018 (£mn) " ......described in terms that would be understood by tomorrows debt underwriters ...... ie a 12 year old ...... (and me)

Also... what did, for example AIB(UK) need £250,000,000 for exactly..... (nice round sum innit)

All this from the table about two thirds down the page

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/markets/quantitative-easing-and-the-asset-purchase-facility

...... and who the fvck are 'Close Brothers'   to get half a BILLION !!!!  ..... another nice round sum ....... 'ere mate, 'ere's 'alf a Bill..... see wot y' can do wiv it.

https://www.closebrothers.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw6J7YBRC4ARIsAJMXXscsjV6DkhBWVaIbcSYiquFWanF87LrbFUR7HyDzKJKYseLI9-NpbU0aAqwhEALw_wcB

23 hours ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Totally agree.  As I have said countless times on Hpc --- I LOATHE Nieu Labbia for what they did to this country,  They ALLOWED hpi to happen --- they did NOTHING to stop it.  Gordo Idiot-Brroon even took house prices out of inflation figure estimation.  He should go to jail FOR LIFE for what he did to UTTERLY RUIN this country.  As for Bliar -- and his BTL wife........ don't even get me started......