House Price Crash Forum

HOLA441
11 hours ago, ChumpusRex said:

I don't even recall ever releasing a version for download.

Anyway, it's well dead. I gave up on it after I realised I had no idea what I was doing.

I cant remember how i got it but I think there was a link in some thread.

I enjoyed using it and it was a great concept.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
22 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

As craziest long term loon on the forum I hereby the convey the title of "House Price Crash Legend" to GB, which after 23 posts is some going !!!! 

Seriously GB, you are a top man.

So a big thanks from me.

Loving the tool, using it daily now.

Thanks for the kind words! :)

There are a lot of people using the extension now and in the last 24 hours there have been 2958 reductions on Rightmove (that our users have found).

Update

After a couple of mega late nights I've finally got the property bee data import working and have subsequently imported a few user's databases. Ideally I could do with a few more datasets before I open it up completely (by adding a guide etc), if you're interested in supplying your data please drop me a PM. Just in case you're wondering, the property bee data doesn't include any personal information.

HOLA443

Update - 1st June

Just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who has downloaded the extension. Usage is increasing every single day which is great to see and in the last 24 hours we've collectively found over 3k price reductions on Rightmove.

I've had a few people come forward offering their Property Bee databases but could still do with more, they are extremely useful at filling in some of the older blanks. If you'd like to help with this then drop me a PM and I will talk you through what you need to do (it's very easy).

Keep the faith everyone, the correction we've all been waiting for is happening and prices are falling.

P.S. If you haven't already downloaded the extension then you can do so here.

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA444

Update - 21st June

Apologies for the downtime this morning, Rightmove made a pretty big change to their website which stopped the extension from working. I've released a new version this morning (1.5.3) which addresses these changes and normal service has been resumed.

The update to the latest version should be automatic but if for any reason you're having problems then go here: chrome://extensions/
Click 'Developer mode' top right right and you have the option to manually update to 1.5.3

I also made some tweaks a few days ago to allow the tracking of commercial properties (both for sale and rent), I've also put together a basic website here: http://www.propertylog.net/

Also, I want to say a big thanks to those of you who have donated towards the running costs. Currently, donations are covering about 25% of the server costs, SSL etc. If you find the extension useful and would like to make a donation then there is a button to do so (click on the little house icon on the toolbar) or you can go here: http://www.propertylog.net/donate

We have well over 1000 users now who are finding over 3k reductions every day!

HOLA445
HOLA446
  • 1 month later...
HOLA447

Apologies for the down time this afternoon, problems with the DB server due to the number of concurrent users and a script I had left running in the background (I'm working on getting some additional data imported). Server now upgraded and optimised further so hopefully it won't happen again!

I hate to bring this up but if anyone would like to donate then it's really appreciated. The last donation was over 3 weeks ago and collectively they only cover about 25% of my server costs. I will always pay the shortfall out of my own pocket as I'm keen to keep this service going for the foreseeable future but any help is a bonus and I'll be eternally grateful. You can donate here: http://www.propertylog.net/donate

I should hopefully have some more updates in the next week.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Update - 24th July

The Count kindly sent over a large dataset from his Property Lion service which covered about 3 weeks of July. I've been through and imported any data I was missing or price changes that had a newer discovery time than mine. I was only able to make use of 5% of his data which means we're getting some pretty amazing coverage!

I've had a couple of messages from people who have wanted to donate but have been unable to, apologies, I think PayPal has been having some problems which are out of my control.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4413

Hello GB

I am another without a PayPal account, but the missus has an account so I have used that … not much I am afraid but hopefully many more can add to the fund to cover the costs you have incurred.

Great work as ever, keep it up!

Cheers!!

• 1 month later...
HOLA4414

Update - 24th September

It's been two months since my last post (sorry about that!) so I figured it was time for a quick update. The summer holidays saw a massive drop in the number of reductions found (no surprise really) but normal service has resumed and we're now seeing ~4000 reductions each day (Mon - Sat). The drop in reductions wasn't due to the lack of extension usage (it was pretty steady throughout) and we've got daily full England & Wales coverage but quite simply it's because the market went a bit quiet!

Before the school holidays the daily average was about 3000 and then it literally fell off a cliff! The increase in the last couple of weeks isn't really because of an increased number of users (we're only seeing a handful of new users each day) but there is significant asking price adjustment going on throughout England & Wales.

I've been working on some graphs which I'll post on the 1st October, the monthly reductions total is quite interesting! I shall also create one for new instructions as I feel that could be useful for us all. If anyone has any ideas about what other graphs/charts would be useful I'm all ears! :)

Also, I'd like to thank those who have kindly donated towards the running costs, it's very much appreciated. If every user donated £2 a month I could give up work, however, last month's donations totalled about £35 which only covers about half my server costs :( If you'd like to make a small donation then click here.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
3 hours ago, GettingBored said:

Update - 24th September

It's been two months since my last post (sorry about that!) so I figured it was time for a quick update. The summer holidays saw a massive drop in the number of reductions found (no surprise really) but normal service has resumed and we're now seeing ~4000 reductions each day (Mon - Sat). The drop in reductions wasn't due to the lack of extension usage (it was pretty steady throughout) and we've got daily full England & Wales coverage but quite simply it's because the market went a bit quiet!

Before the school holidays the daily average was about 3000 and then it literally fell off a cliff! The increase in the last couple of weeks isn't really because of an increased number of users (we're only seeing a handful of new users each day) but there is significant asking price adjustment going on throughout England & Wales.

I've been working on some graphs which I'll post on the 1st October, the monthly reductions total is quite interesting! I shall also create one for new instructions as I feel that could be useful for us all. If anyone has any ideas about what other graphs/charts would be useful I'm all ears! :)

Also, I'd like to thank those who have kindly donated towards the running costs, it's very much appreciated. If every user donated £2 a month I could give up work, however, last month's donations totalled about £35 which only covers about half my server costs :( If you'd like to make a small donation then click here.

Ideally I'd like to see total listings by month showing those reduced, filterable by postcode, bedrooms and property type. I could then hopefully see stock of 3 bed semis rising, and proportion of reductions rising. Not sure if that is doable?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
16 hours ago, Freki said:

Diversify from PayPal ;)

Any ideas on what I could use? All the GoFundMe type websites are charity related?

14 hours ago, Sausage said:

Ideally I'd like to see total listings by month showing those reduced, filterable by postcode, bedrooms and property type. I could then hopefully see stock of 3 bed semis rising, and proportion of reductions rising. Not sure if that is doable?

It's only partly doable as I don't have the number of bedrooms and property type unfortunately. I can allow for filtering on area, postcode etc so will definitely get that one created.

36 minutes ago, Sithuk said:

Firefox support please

I started work on the Firefox plugin but ran into some problems so still need to finish it. Out of curiosity I just checked the browser market share stats (http://gs.statcounter.com/browser-market-share) and Firefox usage is extremely low so therefore I think only a handful of people would use it!

Also, thanks to everyone who donated yesterday, it's really appreciated :)

HOLA4419

I don't know, Paypal doesn't request a Paypal account for this other website:

image.png.2fb515cc536775e132e387a8204a285e.png

Also why can't you scrap the title to get some info about the property type?

image.thumb.png.5409bd21d2621e335610992b6a707d10.png

Get the value before bedroom and the property type between bedroom and for sale, btw you can see that the title is automatically generated. No spelling mistake, but a grammar one with the s missing to 3 bedrooms.

Give NULL values if you can't isolate for the moment and you can create new rules as you investigate those cases.

Edited by Freki

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
23 minutes ago, Freki said:

Also why can't you scrap the title to get some info about the property type?

Get the value before bedroom and the property type between bedroom and for sale, btw you can see that the title is automatically generated. No spelling mistake, but a grammar one with the s missing to 3 bedrooms.

Give NULL values if you can't isolate for the moment and you can create new rules as you investigate those cases.

I actually have the title for a third of the properties but I stupidly decided against scraping it at the start because I wanted to make the extension as fast as possible and reduce data transfer etc. I should have captured it from the start, it's not too late to fill in the blanks but it will mean the data won't be as accurate...

Re: PayPal - I've figured it out, I was using paypal.me for the donate button, I've changed it to use the classic one on the website (http://www.propertylog.net/donate) and it now gives the option of card. I'll change the link in the extension in the next release.

8 minutes ago, Sithuk said:

Is there anyway to make the plugin work for the saved properties page?

This will be in the next version as it was requested recently.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Great work. I'd love to see median values for different property types within an area if that was possible. Average (Mean) house prices feel like they are irrelevant if they are skewed by the odd high value property or, say, a large number of flats.

Price per square metre would be fantastic but I presume that you can't access that data from the listings.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425