House Price Crash Forum
frankvw

Bubble? What Bubble?

What do they need a shower for?.....they can wash in the sink, why waste space unnecessarily, turn the shower into a space saving drop-down bed....😉

I like the comment :

"Tell me, friend: where you pissing? In this flat. Where's the piss bit. Where them shits go. Where you do toilet. I don’t need a bathroom all the time, but I like to go maybe six, seven times a day. Where am I… what am I doing, here? Do I have to go down the road and hit the McDonald’s bathroom? Do I need to use my gym member's card to piss and shit? Is there a shared bathroom outside my weird shower-bedroom that I can go in? Who else is in there? Do they live in a miserable little shower room too? Do we meet each other in the hallway, eyes joyless, crossing path, me tagging out of my shit and them tagging in for the piss? Who buys the toilet paper for that place? Am I bringing my own? Do I have to trail a personal toilet paper roll around with me at all times? Just to piss and shit? For £625 p.c.m.? In Streatham? No thanks! No thank you!"

London is turning into a 3rd world country in many parts. Where I rent my workpace (which is on the edge of London), on the drive upto  there, there is a mini flyover on the road down to the car park. As you come down, there is a semi detached house where the Bloke has grown a hedge about 15ft high and behind it, you clearly see he has filled the back garden with sheds. Rows of sheds with an electric cable connection,  chimneys and extractor units on the roof. Clear as day.

I mentioned it one day in passing to one of the other guys in the premise who lives locally. He said the house is one of a group owned by the local housing authority and a Ukranian guy lives there. Said it has been reported many times mainly because there are rows and rows of wheely bins outside that attracts rats and various banging of van doors and bike engines all hours of the night with people coming and going. The local council do nothing, despite complaints and reports. It's not just the insane prices that is a problem with this bubble, it's also the collapse on acceptable living standards now as well.

2 hours ago, frankvw said:

It's not just the insane prices that is a problem with this bubble, it's also the collapse on acceptable living standards now as well.

Yes...an inevitable outcome of current policy.

3 hours ago, frankvw said:

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/8xenbk/london-rental-opportunity-of-the-week-streathams-1-public-shower

"Traditionally I would describe a small room with a shower in it as a "bathroom", but you're meant to live in this, so in answer to your question: "not a bathroom";

1526565586654-20234_316hmo_IMG_01_0000_max_656x437.jpeg

put a waste disposal on the sink and you can use it as a dunnie. 

seriously though is this legal ?

3 hours ago, winkie said:

What do they need a shower for?.....they can wash in the sink, why waste space unnecessarily, turn the shower into a space saving drop-down bed....😉

something like this?

Don't tell me that the bed pulls out of one of cupboards left or right of the sink, is this the way we are really going 😄

When a crash does kick in I am convinced that house building will be cut to zero and for a long time.

5 hours ago, frankvw said:

I mentioned it one day in passing to one of the other guys in the premise who lives locally. He said the house is one of a group owned by the local housing authority and a Ukranian guy lives there. Said it has been reported many times mainly because there are rows and rows of wheely bins outside that attracts rats and various banging of van doors and bike engines all hours of the night with people coming and going. The local council do nothing, despite complaints and reports. It's not just the insane prices that is a problem with this bubble, it's also the collapse on acceptable living standards now as well.

The councils don't want to know - they can't afford to house them properly.

I used to live in Hatch End which is an affluent part of NW London. Lots of EUs used to live above the shops and restaurants... and I mean lots!!! One day the landlady, who ran the pharmacy downstairs, called the police out on her tenants for sub letting. We watched from down the street in amazement as she screamed at them as person after person came out - looked like an entire extended family of nine, including one old bloke on crutches, in a small, two bed flat. Utterly insane.

4 hours ago, longgone said:

put a waste disposal on the sink and you can use it as a dunnie. 

seriously though is this legal ?

No. YOU need an intevening space between bathrooms and WC's and food prep areas. 

19 hours ago, frankvw said:

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/8xenbk/london-rental-opportunity-of-the-week-streathams-1-public-shower

"Traditionally I would describe a small room with a shower in it as a "bathroom", but you're meant to live in this, so in answer to your question: "not a bathroom";

1526565586654-20234_316hmo_IMG_01_0000_max_656x437.jpeg

I hear the Ecuador Embassy has shown interest in this place to house one of their long term tennants.

12 hours ago, Kurt Barlow said:

No. YOU need an intevening space between bathrooms and WC's and food prep areas. 

i can see a good two inches between the shower and worktop

1 hour ago, longgone said:

i can see a good two inches between the shower and worktop

That's all millennials need after all, in-between avocado breakfast, thrusting corporate jobs and the winebar

14 hours ago, Maynardgravy said:

The councils don't want to know - they can't afford to house them properly.

I used to live in Hatch End which is an affluent part of NW London. Lots of EUs used to live above the shops and restaurants... and I mean lots!!! One day the landlady, who ran the pharmacy downstairs, called the police out on her tenants for sub letting. We watched from down the street in amazement as she screamed at them as person after person came out - looked like an entire extended family of nine, including one old bloke on crutches, in a small, two bed flat. Utterly insane.

I think you might find that was 3 brain surgeons, 3 engineers and 3 graduate nuclear physicists. :D

As you say - the entire situation is actually beyond insane. Doesn't seem to be slowing down much either. If at all.

21 hours ago, winkie said:

Come now, you're nowhere near far enough outside the box.

Any fool can see the potential of the shower tray for washing vegetables and crockery.  Its the sink that's unnecessary.  Mind you, with all that space to have to think of ways to fill I suppose its a forgivable oversight.

2 days in a row I've laughed out loud at stuff on here.  HPC's definitely on the up again.

23 hours ago, frankvw said:

London is turning into a 3rd world country in many parts. Where I rent my workpace (which is on the edge of London), on the drive upto  there, there is a mini flyover on the road down to the car park. As you come down, there is a semi detached house where the Bloke has grown a hedge about 15ft high and behind it, you clearly see he has filled the back garden with sheds. Rows of sheds with an electric cable connection,  chimneys and extractor units on the roof. Clear as day.

Shouldn't this be reported to the police? Also try the Home Office who might be interested in immigration enforcement.

Edited by Errol

1 hour ago, hotblack42 said:

Any fool can see the potential of the shower tray for washing vegetables and crockery.  Its the sink that's unnecessary.  Mind you, with all that space to have to think of ways to fill I suppose its a forgivable oversight.

2 days in a row I've laughed out loud at stuff on here.  HPC's definitely on the up again.

Don't you love all the expense put into the safety equipment, fire extinguisher, fire blanket.....protect the income asset and keep the host alive at all costs whilst still paying.;)

2 hours ago, Si1 said:

That's all millennials need after all, in-between avocado breakfast,thrusting corporate jobs and the winebar

That picture is a sort of visual oxymoron The thoughtful landlord had the foresight to install a fire extinguisher and a fire blanket Just in case the shower leaked into the fridge. 

1 hour ago, hotblack42 said:

Outside? No, you've got to think inside the box.

Gavin Barwell's dog kennels. They're coming...

bennylam7.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&crop=

Edited by zugzwang

6 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Outside? No, you've got to think inside the box.

Gavin Barwell's dog kennels. They're coming...

bennylam7.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&crop=

Now that place is in desperate need of a fire extinguisher.....is it a coffin?;)