House Price Crash Forum
Kyouken

Property Bee - If it is dead how are there people on the leaderboard still?

http://www.property-bee.com/leaderboard.php

It hasnt worked for over a month now yet there are people still on the leaderboard which suggests it is still working.

Other than rightmove what else was it compatible with?

If you were a fan of Property Bee then I recommend trying the Property Log Chrome Extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/property-log/jccihedpilhidcbkconacnalppdeecno

Very similar to PB but you can also add comments on the properties!

iDC4fQw4ny4WtsH9dhxC3inPruoPu5KxFQNEppaL

Looks better than PB.

Although the database is well out of data.

Where's it come from ?

Who did it ?

Would they like a copy of the PropertyLion database to merge into it ?

23 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Looks better than PB.

Although the database is well out of data.

Where's it come from ?

Who did it ?

Would they like a copy of the PropertyLion database to merge into it ?

I wrote it...
I agree, it's a shame that I only have data from the 16th April onwards. I have been scraping for the price changes for the last month so have been keeping it relatively up to date since then. With active users it should be a lot better.

Definitely interested in the PropertyLion database to merge into it, that would be a massive help. Feel free to drop me a PM :)

I have tried property tracker but I found the display of the data slow to take in. As you have to mouse over to find out the changes.

Property log seems more my thing as it shows the values and they stand out.  Now I just have to make some imacros to automate searching rightmove on chrome.  Annoyingly it has a 50 line limit in chrome which it didn't in Firefox.

Can anyone else recommend another browser macro add on for chrome?

After my brief use of Property Log it seems that it is getting good use in where I am.

22 minutes ago, GettingBored said:

I wrote it...
I agree, it's a shame that I only have data from the 16th April onwards. I have been scraping for the price changes for the last month so have been keeping it relatively up to date since then. With active users it should be a lot better.

Definitely interested in the PropertyLion database to merge into it, that would be a massive help. Feel free to drop me a PM :)

Good work.

I've PM'd you.

There must have been a reason I was compelled to log on today :lol: 

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

24 minutes ago, Kyouken said:

I have tried property tracker but I found the display of the data slow to take in. As you have to mouse over to find out the changes.

Property log seems more my thing as it shows the values and they stand out.  Now I just have to make some imacros to automate searching rightmove on chrome.  Annoyingly it has a 50 line limit in chrome which it didn't in Firefox.

Can anyone else recommend another browser macro add on for chrome?

After my brief use of Property Log it seems that it is getting good use in where I am.

I don't think it would be too difficult to write a Chrome Extension to do that. If you have some programming experience then it might be worth giving it a bash.

46 minutes ago, JamesMorgan said:

Thanks for getting these up and running - was sorely missing Property Bee!

Here Here.

It looks great and is quick.

I've getting a copy of the full Property Lion database to Getting Bored at the weekend so we should see some interest data coming out next week again.

I've missed PB so this is really welcome news.

Glad you all like it, makes the hard work worthwhile :)

I have some interesting stats from the data I've collected... For example, in the last 24 hours there have been 3099 reductions on Rightmove! The official number will be a LOT higher than this.

Getting bored, thanks for making Property Log.

It is working well and I dont seem to be having any problems when using iMacros to automate searching Rightmove.

If you are after databases I could send you my property bee one.  It is only for a 5 mile radius but it goes back to the begininng of 2016

Are you personally moderating the comments GettingBored? Great extension by the way, I was half making similar and wanted a comment section, so well done for adding one.

I have added two comments to properties I have viewed.

Edited by heffsta

4 minutes ago, heffsta said:

Are you personally moderating the comments GettingBored? Great extension by the way, I was half making similar and wanted a comment section, so well done for adding one.

Good question, that could take some moderation if people start using it !!!

Probably best auto filter the words "estate agent c**t" :lol: 

5 minutes ago, heffsta said:

At the moment yes, although I've got 2 other people who've volunteered to help with the moderating if it takes off. Glad you like it :) Your comments have been approved btw.

Just now, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Good question, that could take some moderation if people start using it !!!

Probably best auto filter the words "estate agent c**t" :lol: 

Haha!

13 minutes ago, GettingBored said:

At the moment yes, although I've got 2 other people who've volunteered to help with the moderating if it takes off. Glad you like it :) Your comments have been approved btw.

Haha!

Thanks, I have added more, and will continue adding comments when I can. Nothing crazy just I know my local area well and keep track of these will hopefully help others.

19 minutes ago, GettingBored said:

Haha!

Be careful about who's liable for the comments, get a disclaimer in there :lol:

Count: how far back does your database go?

Gettingbored: Your extension looks good. I'd ditch the comments boxes. You're opening yourself up to legal action at some point. Best not to risk it. Have you had a chance to look at the Count's database? Can you integrate it?

1 hour ago, Sithuk said:

Count: how far back does your database go?

Gettingbored: Your extension looks good. I'd ditch the comments boxes. You're opening yourself up to legal action at some point. Best not to risk it. Have you had a chance to look at the Count's database? Can you integrate it?

Thanks. I did add a disclaimer yesterday but I've actually had a few people mention to me about the comments and it being a potential recipe for disaster. I've just published a new version which removes the comments functionality (should be available in ~60mins). It's a real shame as the comments would be useful but I don't want some angry seller who can't sell their home taking legal action! Apologies to everyone who liked this functionality and was using it, I hope you understand.

Re: Count's database - I've spoken with him and he's going to get the data over to me soon, I will be able to integrate it fairly easily. A lot of people are using the extension already which is great! :) Just need to keep getting the word out there and some of the old Property Bee users using and we should be flying! Thanks to everyone who has helped so far.

18 hours ago, GettingBored said:

Thanks. I did add a disclaimer yesterday but I've actually had a few people mention to me about the comments and it being a potential recipe for disaster. I've just published a new version which removes the comments functionality (should be available in ~60mins). It's a real shame as the comments would be useful but I don't want some angry seller who can't sell their home taking legal action! Apologies to everyone who liked this functionality and was using it, I hope you understand.

Re: Count's database - I've spoken with him and he's going to get the data over to me soon, I will be able to integrate it fairly easily. A lot of people are using the extension already which is great! :) Just need to keep getting the word out there and some of the old Property Bee users using and we should be flying! Thanks to everyone who has helped so far.

Looks good, thanks! The best way to get more data is to appeal to* Property Bee users who still have their data, if you could somehow automate the process you use with Count's data? Perhaps a link or statement which appears on the download page and/or elsewhere? If there was a streamlined process to import that data from many people that would save months of data-gathering.

*If I was American I'd say "reach out", but I'm NOT and I loathe its creeping use when people meant to say "communicate with". This is the ONLY circumstance that the term "reach out" is ok:

1289706989_reachout.png.091c4146a0bd8cf029500fcbc834f424.png

;)