House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mapatasy

Tragic...

Which bit's tragic? The situation or the spin at the end? '...I'll rent till I die essentially.... but that's not necessarily a bad thing...'

It is in this country as it stands.

Our politicians of the last 30 years need to hang their heads in shame. Preferably just hang themselves. 

The 44-year-old retail worker, who lives in Kingston, Greater London, says that buying a home had previously felt out of reach, and now was completely off the radar.

"If I could go back in time, I would tell myself that the housing market might seem crazy now, but it is going to get crazier," he says.

Years ago, he decided that when prices breached £100,000 for a two-bedroom house, buying a property was too much of a risk.

"I know that now I'm ageing myself out of a mortgage, which is a slight concern. I don't feel I should be owed anything, but there is no support for my demographic, and there is still a stigma attached to renting in this country."

100k was too much of a risk. what planet does the guy live on, he lives in sw london. 

2 bed house is 500-600k now 

how much does a retail worker earn ?