House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

indebted

PRINCE2 training

Evening  😀

Has anyone on here ever done PRINCE2 training? Any good companies/trainers people can recommend? Any horror stories?

Thanks in advance!

I'm sure there was a thread about this not to long ago, have you tried the search function?

This used to be the must have tick box qualification. Yet even NHS jobs aren’t asking for this now. 

Waste of money/pointless imo. 

PRINCE2 is the biggest pile of poo ever devised by man.

I refuse to entertain any job or project that mentions it as a "requirement". and let them know exactly why.

The training modules are normally quite cheap but you get invariably stung when you take the tests... which are expensive.

The actual PRINCE2 system is very well thought out and mercenary, as it should be. Plug and play and easy to follow. It essentially insures that no-one becomes irreplaceable and there is always a fallback position or procedure for process.

You can find deals on Groupon, MSE, other saving websites and portals. Look for one that is online and includes the cost of the exams.

There are plenty of tutorials on youtube if you just want to get the basics in terminology, etc...

There's also PMP, and others out branded training suites there. Most universities have some kind of project management training as well, albeit, normally included in some MSc at £9000+ quid for a years worth of training.

If you're seeking to become a project manager I'd start in the trenches. I wouldn't hire someone based on them having done this or that course.

Ultimately it depends on what job you want to take on. If it's with a bigger firm, consider the option of a position that will pay for your training with a view that on completion and obtaining the in-house level of competency & experience you'll be promoted.