House Price Crash Forum
crazypabs

EA's disappear from Zoopla

I keep my eye on the town constantly. One observation i have spotted in the past fortnight is that my town has 5 high street estate agents and a couple of months ago all 5advertised on both rightmove and zoopla.

now however only one has their listings on zoopla and all 5are still on RM. 

# listings on zoopla 22

# listings on Rightmove 104

i am staggered by this. I can only assume that the 4agents are struggling and have cut back on their marketing budget in favour of the market leading platform?

anyone else seen this pattern?

Yes, I have just noticed that 2 houses I am interested in, through 2 different agents, are on RM but not Zoopla.  I have only just started using Zoopla as well as RM though, so had assumed that these 2 agents just didn’t use Zoopla.  

Whatever happened to the property website that EA's created for themselves so they could all ditch Rightmove & Zoopla?  Assume it died a quiet death?

21 hours ago, TonyJ said:

I think RM has always had more listings than zoopla, but the gap may be increasing. I think onthemarket.com had a condition that an EA had to choose between the two. Not sure if it still holds.

9 hours ago, Andy T said:

Whatever happened to the property website that EA's created for themselves so they could all ditch Rightmove & Zoopla?  Assume it died a quiet death?

It was as in Tony's post.I think the real issue here is cost.RM and Zoop both cost circa £1k er month per branch(if like PBricks you don't have branches then they estimate an equivalence measure).There's just not enough sales going through to justify the cost of being on both plus OTM,plus branch costs which are likely around £14k per month.