House Price Crash Forum

Iran/Israel

chronyx

HOLA441
On 02/05/2018 at 20:35, oracle said:

quite possibly.

the old testament take on it is inter-generational curses.basically paying for the sins of your parents/grandparents.

I'm not particularly inclined toward that school of though,it does seem unduly harsh.Personal responsibility for sure, but why should my children take responsibility for my f3ck-ups?

Established Religion is false - I shared an office with a Mormon in the us and heard his hard self technique to potential converts. That humans (en masse) believe the nonsense and patent fabrications they do is rock solid proof that religons are man made. As to whether there are “deep mysteries at the heart of the universe” I am sure there are, but they will remain mysteries to us mere flees feeding on the dog and don’t believe anyone who tells you otherwise.

HOLA442
On 02/05/2018 at 20:35, oracle said:

quite possibly.

the old testament take on it is inter-generational curses.basically paying for the sins of your parents/grandparents.

I'm not particularly inclined toward that school of though,it does seem unduly harsh.Personal responsibility for sure, but why should my children take responsibility for my f3ck-ups?

The Bible is basically wisdom and advice on the nature of this life, not the next. It's telling people to do the right thing, or they'll f-up their children.  It's not saying your children SHOULD take responsibility for your f3ck-ups.. but that they DO.  

Everyone knows this, and in this sense, the Bible is true. Phillip Larkin even wrote a poem about it. 

Many of the early characters and plot devices are metaphors or personified human attributes and behaviours. Quite fascinating really, and demonstrates a far more sophisticated understanding of psychology and the human condition back then than we give them credit for.

HOLA443

Archived