House Price Crash Forum

Channel 5 Tonight

HOLA441

Just thought I'd remind everybody - -

Property developer Gary McCausland follows the progress of two pairs of friends trying to make money from buying and selling property. Tonight best friends Jem and Dave travel to Dubai to chance their luck in the property market there. And in Liverpool, Amanda and Tracey make the mistake of trying to cut corners by doing all the work on their third property themselves - and it drives Tracey crazy!

With hilarious consequences, no doubt...

'Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirst time buyers, pleeeeese buy me 'ouse!'

:rolleyes:

HOLA442
HOLA443

Just thought I'd remind everybody - -

Property developer Gary McCausland follows the progress of two pairs of friends trying to make money from buying and selling property. Tonight best friends Jem and Dave travel to Dubai to chance their luck in the property market there. And in Liverpool, Amanda and Tracey make the mistake of trying to cut corners by doing all the work on their third property themselves - and it drives Tracey crazy!

With hilarious consequences, no doubt...

'Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirst time buyers, pleeeeese buy me 'ouse!'

:rolleyes:

Any downloading link ?

Kind regards, Jean-Michel Pouré

HOLA444

Those two bimbos just offered £62k on an asking price of £62k and added "It's a cash offer!"

Where is their bargaining skills? They already heard that a previous place had dropped from £80k to £72k and still wasn't selling.

Why didn't they offer £55k even? It's priced at £62k in order to get £60k IMO. They are so tactically niaive it's not true! :rolleyes:

NDL

PS. Teddyboy, I hope yer back later to give us the lowdown on this house and the area.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

OMG!!!!

I just saw the add break.

A neighbour is going to inform them, that the house they just bought for 62K has been up for sale fro 7 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They've bought in a really shite neighbourhood.....

I did hear that didn't I?

LOL, yeah, you did.

This pair are dangerous. It makes you think how many others are out there and bailing out each other.

The greater fool theory has more than a grain of truth to it.

NDL

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Its all very fabulous, but honestly if these people were spending their own money it would be different.

THe guys buying in Dubai. Off camera they know that if they make money they keep it. If they lose it, they lose nothing. Thats why its worth taking massive speculative gambles.

Other than that its fabulous! :D

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I read that there is currently 750 billion US$ worth of projects going on in the GCC (Arabian Gulf). INcluding Saudi, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman and the Emirates.

Of this more than 1/3rd is going on in Dubai alone.

The Dubai economy grew by circa 25% last year. (Only 5% of GDP from oil by the way).

Imagine the problems that infrastructure has just to keep up. They plan a light railway but its going to take about 8 years to finish.

Imagine the inflationary pressures.

THe economy has doubled in 3 years.

You just can't keep that going in the medium term.

HOLA4417
Guest muttley

My favourite post ever on this site was about Dubai (Father Fred,I think)

A guy went to EA to see if there were any openings to invest in property in Dubai,as he had heard it was the next hot spot.His first question ....."Where is Dubai?"

For anyone who doesn't know Huyton,it's sort of like "Escape From New York" without the community spirit.

HOLA4418

Those two bimbos just offered £62k on an asking price of £62k and added "It's a cash offer!"

Where is their bargaining skills? They already heard that a previous place had dropped from £80k to £72k and still wasn't selling.

Why didn't they offer £55k even? It's priced at £62k in order to get £60k IMO. They are so tactically niaive it's not true! :rolleyes:

NDL

PS. Teddyboy, I hope yer back later to give us the lowdown on this house and the area.

OK Hard to tell exactly but I know it is HUYTON!

We should all know Huyton for 2 things.

1) Stevie Gerrard is from the bluebell Estate - ROUGH, ROUGH AREA.

2) Anthony Walker gets an axe in his head for no reason.

Huyton is the other side of the M62. Its next to an area called ROBY. Roby is nice, and is expensive. Huyton has a few OK areas but there are a lot of BAD areas. Certainly NOT an up and coming area. IT IS A COMMUNITY THOUGH! They all look after each other.

I am GUESSING its about HERE. Its hard to tell. But Bryan Gaskill is the main Estate Agent for this area. See what you can find.

I seriously think that they may get £50K if they are lucky. As Gary said a few weeks back - The Liverpool Property Market is NOT great!!! So selling in a bad area is near on impossible. This will be given away I think.

Let you know if I find anything else out

TB

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

For anyone who doesn't know Huyton,it's sort of like "Escape From New York" without the community spirit.

ROFLMAO :D

Classic car crash telly that cannot be missed every week. I have to agree that this does hint at the type of herd that have been chasing easy money.

Will be interested to see how Dubai truns out for the pair. Methnks that the company (they bought from) will be (for some strange reason) be unable to sell the studios and be collecting payment after payment from them. £146K IIRC.

I'll be there on the sofa next Tuesday night at 8.......

A

Edited by Social Houser

HOLA4422

OK Hard to tell exactly but I know it is HUYTON!

We should all know Huyton for 2 things.

1) Stevie Gerrard is from the bluebell Estate - ROUGH, ROUGH AREA.

2) Anthony Walker gets an axe in his head for no reason.

Huyton is the other side of the M62. Its next to an area called ROBY. Roby is nice, and is expensive. Huyton has a few OK areas but there are a lot of BAD areas. Certainly NOT an up and coming area. IT IS A COMMUNITY THOUGH! They all look after each other.

I am GUESSING its about HERE. Its hard to tell. But Bryan Gaskill is the main Estate Agent for this area. See what you can find.

I seriously think that they may get £50K if they are lucky. As Gary said a few weeks back - The Liverpool Property Market is NOT great!!! So selling in a bad area is near on impossible. This will be given away I think.

Let you know if I find anything else out

TB

That looked more like Dovecot to me, or if Huyton we`re looking at Finch lane?

HOLA4423

That looked more like Dovecot to me, or if Huyton we`re looking at Finch lane?

Dunno mate - seen a Gaskill sign outside a house and Gary said East of the city centre so its deffo in that area. Will replay the SKY+ see if I can see any other signs.

Could well be Dovecot though. Just 1/2 a mile NE from Huyton for those who dont know the area.

Just imagine it as the border between IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN :lol:

RIGHT FOUND IT!!!

Its around WIMBORNE PLACE which looks like PAGE MOSS/HUYTON.

There is a clip in the proggy which shows this street sign. TBH there is that much GRAFITTI on it it took me 15 guesses to find the right place!!!

Edited by teddyboy

HOLA4424

Dunno mate - seen a Gaskill sign outside a house and Gary said East of the city centre so its deffo in that area. Will replay the SKY+ see if I can see any other signs.

Could well be Dovecot though. Just 1/2 a mile NE from Huyton for those who dont know the area.

Just imagine it as the border between IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN :lol:

Eh steady on, used to date a barmaid from the Knotty Ash, swam for Everton at Dovecot baths, boxed for Huyton (Knowsley ABC). :) Happy memories ;) from a lad brought up in the tough streets of Sandfield Park :P That..ahem..style of architecture, is Pilch/Finch lane, or Dovecot.

Edited by Converted Lurker

HOLA4425