HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
45 minutes ago, guest_northshore said:

Or sentiment measures to be increasingly determined by black box and profit-optimizing feedback/recommendation algorithms.

That takes away any semblance of accountability, if there was any there in the first place.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

His favourite song is probably Our House by Madness.

Property is a better investment for retirement than a pension, according to the Bank of England’s chief economist, Andy Haldane. Haldane owns two homes – one in Surrey and a holiday home on the Kent coast. His basic salary at the Bank is £182,000 and he is in line for a pension of more than £80,000 a year when he retires.

“I consider myself moderately financially literate – yet I confess to not being able to make the remotest sense of pensions,” he said

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/aug/28/property-is-better-bet-than-a-pension-says-bank-of-england-economist

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
15 minutes ago, Errol said:

Doubtless the black box will be designed and agreed upon by a group of banks, hedge-funds, 'expert' economists etc etc.

Intellectual yet idiotic.

HOLA4415

And this bloke is the BOE Chief Economist. My word.

“I consider myself moderately financially literate – yet I confess to not being able to make the remotest sense of pensions,”

HOLA4416
16 minutes ago, ccc said:

“I consider myself moderately financially literate – yet I confess to not being able to make the remotest sense of pensions,”

He's just a minted late boomer with intellectual opinions based largely on the dinner party circuit. And therefore an interest in promoting high house prices without giving a fig about the broader consequences.

HOLA4417
33 minutes ago, ccc said:

David Davis:

“I don't have to be clever to do my job”

?

Do you ever get the feeling the people running this train crash are not the brightest..