House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Virtually No House Price News Of Any Substance Lately?

Anyone else think its gone a bit quiet on the House Price news front? Could this be the lull before all hell breaks lose? :blink:

Edited by Realistbear

Anyone else think its gone a bit quiet on the House Price news front? Could this be the lull before all hell breaks lose? :blink:

Good call I posted as much previously. Newsnow is very quite and predictable lately, this forum has been quiet of late. I often wonder if we`ve done all the issues over so many times we`re just waiting, arms folded. <_<

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?name=Property+%28UK%29

Edited by Converted Lurker

The only thing that is really apparent is that the lack of FTB’ers as yet has made no difference to the market (apart from making it a little slow).

Last year every one was interested to see what would happen with limited BTL’ers and FTB’ers – the answer is not a lot!

Guest boredwaiting

The only thing that is really apparent is that the lack of FTB’ers as yet has made no difference to the market (apart from making it a little slow).

Last year every one was interested to see what would happen with limited BTL’ers and FTB’ers – the answer is not a lot!

I try not to ride the highs and lows of reports anymore (not healthy at all). But as I see it at this moment there is a lot of news about record mortgage approvals and house price increases.

I know that the house price could be spin on more expensive houses being sold, however mortgage approvals jumps are significant.

I think it has been mentioned several times on the forum before that house prices never fall in spring, not even during a crash (i have not chart for that one yet though.

Bored....

I try not to ride the highs and lows of reports anymore (not healthy at all). But as I see it at this moment there is a lot of news about record mortgage approvals and house price increases.

I know that the house price could be spin on more expensive houses being sold, however mortgage approvals jumps are significant.

I think it has been mentioned several times on the forum before that house prices never fall in spring, not even during a crash (i have not chart for that one yet though.

Bored....

There is a lot of buzz about record mortgage approvals true--but its old news and based on what people were doing in November/December when SIPPs looked like spiking the market. Maybe we are all getting a little jaded with the VI spin, EA hype and anticipation of it all? Even the BBC seem to be spinning the VI statistics a little less these days with less drama in the headlines and quite a few "Buts" in their reports.

with ftb's being the lifeblood of the housing market, used think sooner or later this will have a massive impact and things will grind to a halt.

with ftb's being the lifeblood of the housing market, used think sooner or later this will have a massive impact and things will grind to a halt.

I thought this last year – but I can not see just what has happened in the last few months.

Someone is buying and I can not understand who.

Approximately 200000 houses / flats are built every year – I expected that to soak up any FTB’ers or BTL’ers – but all the houses I have been looking at have sold now

Guest boredwaiting

I thought this last year – but I can not see just what has happened in the last few months.

Someone is buying and I can not understand who.

Approximately 200000 houses / flats are built every year – I expected that to soak up any FTB’ers or BTL’ers – but all the houses I have been looking at have sold now

I agree, i understand the logic of why house price should fall, but the reality is that they are not. I think like a lot of people on the board I will just rent regardless and if they fall then I will buy - if not then there is no reason to buy or stay in the country...

Very quiet , I've been struggling over the last few weeks to find news for the blog on a morning.

March and April could be interesting though , my view is there's something around the corner and when it starts , the media will grab hold and the blog will be full of stories.

;)