House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crazypabs

A penny earnt is a penny paid in rent

13 minutes ago, crazypabs said:

At least it is until may. 

BBC reporting that every penny of a full time persons wages has so far gone to pay their rent. Bit of a misleading statement because the are assuming you pay for your whole years rent up front. Regardless, have a look see what you think

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43881389

They're not assuming that everyone pays up front - it's just a way of saying what percentage of average annual earnings goes in average rent.  

28 minutes ago, Mrs Bear said:

They're not assuming that everyone pays up front - it's just a way of saying what percentage of average annual earnings goes in average rent.  

I know that!

In my neck of the woods:

In Wandsworth someone with a full-time job works until 30 August to pay the rent for the year. That's 19 more working days than in 2011.

Average wage: £ 30,804 a year after tax.

Average rent: £ 20,400 a year, £ 4,200 more than in 2011.

11 hours ago, crazypabs said:

I know that!

Mrs bear quoted you verbatim, so why say it if you know it's not true?

i always pay up front, Ive bought a warehouse of toilet rolls which should last until i die.

If i die early then ive instructed my neighbour to nip round to the warehouse with a gallon of petrol and some matches so my family gets some insurance.

12 hours ago, leonardratso said:

i always pay up front, Ive bought a warehouse of toilet rolls which should last until i die.

If i die early then ive instructed my neighbour to nip round to the warehouse with a gallon of petrol and some matches so my family gets some insurance.

There's a life plan.

Reaching for the stars, eh!?

......it is not just money earned, it is money spent......what about all those that do not earn, they have to pay up front often a year or six months at a time until it is gone......who pays the rent when all the money has been spent?😉