House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

longgone

homeless dying on the streets

Well, call me daft, but lots of people die in their homes, so if you live on the street.....................

49 minutes ago, Byron said:

Well, call me daft, but lots of people die in their homes, so if you live on the street.....................

I see, so everyone should be homeless anyway since we all die. 

i see your logic now. 

People who died on the streets during the winter may well have died of hypothermia - something that is easy to solve with the provision of warm, emergency shelter. A national disgrace when it occurs. People who died in a shelter or temporary accomodation may well have died of suicidal depression, drug abuse, old age, medical conditions etc - causes that are complex and potentially very difficult to solve. By combining the two (in the first sentance no less) and by using data going back only as far as 2013 (how convenient), the Guardian is simply manipulating statistics to make a political point. Cynical, partisan journalism.