House Price Crash Forum

HPI is back in Spain, with a vengeance. Where we're looking prices are up 10-30% this year. Apparently foreigners are buying up in the centre and forcing the richer Spanish out to the inner ring.

14 minutes ago, yodigo said:

HPI is back in Spain, with a vengeance. Where we're looking prices are up 10-30% this year. Apparently foreigners are buying up in the centre and forcing the richer Spanish out to the inner ring.

I was only reading about a city in Spain that is going to ban rentals to tourists the other day, they say it is pricing out the locals, and I TOTALLY get that. It's a little annoying though when we tried to explain a similar problem in the UK 100 fold to Spains, our concerns fell on death ears, and we were talking on millions of Polish, who I love by the way, who bought very little wealth into the country.

And another ironic thing, you try to get the Polish to take their fair share of Islamic refugees, it just ain't going to happen, no muslims full stop. If some of the EU countries tried to address some of our concerns then maybe Brexit would not be happening.

48 minutes ago, yodigo said:

An EA would say that wouldn't they.....perhaps you are looking in the wrong place?......what foreigners? Scandinavians, Germans and Chinese?;)

Spain is even more obsessed with "el ladrillo" than the UK. Their problems are worse than the UK ones too. The only difference is that their cycles are shorter and more severe. 

1 hour ago, inbruges said:

you try to get the Polish to take their fair share of Islamic refugees, it just ain't going to happen

The "fair share" of middle-eastern migrants for any European country is 0, so I'd say Poland is pulling its weight.

If you're fleeing from Syria to Turkey, you're a refugee. If you then decide to hop from Turkey to Italy or Greece, you're a migrant.

The only war-torn region that EU borders is Ukraine and Poland has already welcomed roughly 1m escapees. How many have other countries taken?

Maybe it’s Brits buying up the €20k farm houses in order to secure their EU living rights before brexit? Most are expecting that those who lived in the EU prior to brexit will get to stay as part of the deal.

1 hour ago, yodigo said:

Eurozone growth seems to be very focussed on the main urban areas in each country, so the likes of Barcelona, Paris, Berlin and Dublin are all experiencing double-digit inflation while smaller towns continue to decline with depressing unemployment. Given the source and distribution of the money it's not surprising it shows up as investment bubbles and not broad-based growth. They just had to defer dealing with bad debt from 2007 again, all is not well at all.

Germany has had enough of stimulus now anyway and the announcement of the details is expected in June at the moment. The southern countries will just have to deal with the fallout, looks like it won't be pretty.

10 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

How does a story about Spanish property mutate into a rant about Muslim refugees. Some people are obsessed. 

ME refugee != muslim.

Other creeds + faiths exists. Still, for the moment.

1 hour ago, yodigo said:

BILs lives in Catalonia.

Spanish wages collapsed 2008. Massive falls.

House prices fell too - a lot of places falling ~50%.

NIls flat in a suburban bit of Barca is ~50% underwater from 2 years ago.

However, German and Dutch investors have piled into Spain, borrowing at zilch% and buying places to put on AirBnB.

Its getting very poltical at the moment. Expect more AirBnB regulation.

If true, then we're on course for credit crunch/crash 2.0

Memories are forever short. Was in Fueteaventura in 2012. Whole buildings and resorts abondoned mid build..

2 minutes ago, PopGun said:

If true, then we're on course for credit crunch/crash 2.0

Memories are forever short. Was in Fueteaventura in 2012. Whole buildings and resorts abondoned mid build..

To give the non Spanish investors their dues, they are not pouring the money into 'dreams in the desert'.

1 hour ago, inbruges said:

was only reading about a city in Spain that is going to ban rentals to tourists the other day, they say it is pricing out the locals, and I TOTALLY get that. It's a little annoying though when we tried to explain a similar problem in the UK 100 fold to Spains, our concerns fell on death ears, and we were talking on millions of Polish, who I love by the way, who bought very little wealth into the country.

And another ironic thing, you try to get the Polish to take their fair share of Islamic refugees, it just ain't going to happen, no muslims full stop. If some of the EU countries tried to address some of our concerns then maybe Brexit would not be happening.

Why would they want to take any refugees?  They do not want to work to pay for some one who has no respect for other cultures and will not integrate to have a free house.  Brexit happened because people are sick of immigration in part, not because other countries do not want immigration.  What is ironic though is after the referendum the Polish PM said that we were racist because we did not want immigration.  A few months later he says they do  not want immigration.  LOL 

1 hour ago, winkie said:
2 hours ago, yodigo said:

An EA would say that wouldn't they.....perhaps you are looking in the wrong place?......what foreigners? Scandinavians, Germans and Chinese?;)

It is a fact we have been looking  in Ibiza prices are surging with buyers from all over West Europe and Russia

45 minutes ago, kibuc said:

The "fair share" of middle-eastern migrants for any European country is 0, so I'd say Poland is pulling its weight.

If you're fleeing from Syria to Turkey, you're a refugee. If you then decide to hop from Turkey to Italy or Greece, you're a migrant.

The only war-torn region that EU borders is Ukraine and Poland has already welcomed roughly 1m escapees. How many have other countries taken?

Very true.

1 hour ago, stuckmojo said:

Spain is even more obsessed with "el ladrillo" than the UK. Their problems are worse than the UK ones too. The only difference is that their cycles are shorter and more severe. 

And possibly their banks are worse than here.  I heard this story

"Woman a went to get a mortgage, the bank said you need a guarantor.  Here is woman b, she also needs a guarantor,why don't you both guarantee each other's mortgage.  A few years later women a gets a phone call from woman b "Sorry I can't pay the mortage, I am going back to Ecuador", result two houses are repossed.

24 minutes ago, spyguy said:

ME refugee != muslim.

Other creeds + faiths exists. Still, for the moment.

They did actually use the word "Islamic" not Muslim, my bad, but surely same thing. 

Disclaimer: I strongly disagree with organised religion of any brand.