House Price Crash Forum

Palma to ban holiday (flat) rentals

HOLA441
1 hour ago, cashinmattress said:

whatever mate. i said those who are committing fraud are a problem...

and until its against the law to short term share a property you can carry on whinging and stay at the ramada for £200+ /night

I'm whinging on behalf of other people. The people you clearly don't give a toss about. 

You are not helping out the little people against the big bad hotels by staying at an air BnB. You are doing the complete opposite. A huge amount of air BnB today are investors. Who you are funding that then denies people homes to live in. And furthermore paying on top of that to fund air BnB itself. 

Air BnB is the world's largest accomodation provider iirc. You are paying money to something that's bigger than the biggest hotel group...

Next time you are thinking of how you are sticking it to the big bad hotels by sharing a room with a cat - have a wee think of air BnB HQ. 

airbnb-headquarters-san-francisco-wrns-s

It's up to you want you do. I've stayed in one myself a while back. However please don't kid yourself that you're helping the wee guy against the big multinationals. It's just not true. People need to be aware of this imo. 

1 hour ago, dropbear said:

This. There are are 50,000 listings in London, with about 50% being entire property and 50% being a room in a property. If we estimate 3 people per full property, that's about 100,000 fewer bedrooms for Londoners. 

Check it out: http://insideairbnb.com/london/

Yep. It's ripping apart many areas. Lots of people don't quite get this yet. It would become very apparent if they actually lived in one of these places. 

Having 90% of the flats in your block as air BnB can be a living hell.

Luckily not experienced it myself but I know enough people and have heard enough stories.