House Price Crash Forum
Mancunian284

Is BTL dead or am I just late to the party?

4 minutes ago, TonyJ said:

Some of the comments are ludicrous. Seem to be implying that the power of positive thinking can nullify the adverse effects of s24.

Don’t even need to click the link to know this will be from Jonathan Clarke. Harness the positivity (and the debt, obviously, in fact mostly the debt).

I like how the initial poster claims to be able to get 15% return by simply lending his money and none of the tribes BTL pros pick up on that.

Apparently the BLT market is facing significant headwinds. Well Bacon has never been cheaper, same for lettuce but tomatoes are still pretty pricey.  

Maybe they should stick to being landlords. 

I love this quote

With the greatest Respect your interviewing a Lender

and how do Lenders make money

BUY LENDING MONEY

so they are making money ?????

Just because a Lender is pushing its products doesn't mean its right to do Today or Tomorrow.

5 hours ago, TonyJ said:

I noticed that and wondered how on earth you get 15% for lending money? Why isn't everybody doing it?

Just google "15% P2P lending" and you'll find a few websites offering miraculous returns.

Why not borrow some money at a lower rate and lend it out at 15%.... what could possibly go wrong?  I'm off to pen a seminar so I can sell this innovative idea to canny investors....

You can get more than 15% for lending fiat to cryptocurrency speculators. There are some risks, but it's not as high as you'd think - margin calls are swift and automatic, so your capital is mostly protected.