House Price Crash Forum

Something not quite adding up

HOLA441

as per the title....disgusting correlation

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/homelessness-rough-sleepers-record-england-stats-homeless-people-2017-increase-a8177086.html#commentsDiv

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/markets/quantitative-easing-and-the-asset-purchase-facility

Shame the homeless are too compromised to fight back....300,000 is clearly an official underestimate....every town I visit has 10's if not 100's now.

Social collapse is coming.......before house price collapse

487 billion quid into a few pockets never to be seen again as clearly those buybacks have amounted to zero. There are still no productive jobs or significant wage increase. No-one is spending more than they need to stay alive and work....simple.

Is anyone (other than this site) getting this ffs???

Edited by Maximus Skepticus

HOLA442

It is far, far worse. I employ a lot of contractors when I have installation jobs and the electrical and decorating trades seem quite hit by all this, whenever I start talking to folk about their situations and where to post invoice receipts, etc. Homelessness means no permanent address. I would estimate that to be about x1000 greater than rough sleepers in doorways. It is the invisible homlessness. And bear in mind, according to shelter and others, the visible rough sleepers you see in door ways are themselves just the tip of the iceberg. The serious rough sleepers are also invisible as they tuck themselves away at night in places you wouldn't see. The UK is approaching 3rd world levels of homelessness.

No Permanent Address

This is the bit the media never mention. Couch surfing, staying with family, BnB's, hostels, AirBnB's, etc., has serious consequences to individual lives. Strictly speaking,without a permanent address,  you can't obtain a driving license, obtain credit, pass credit checks or DBS, claim welfare, and you will also have difficulty obtaining doctors appointments or registering for voting without a permanent address.

People seem to think you can just phone up a local council and they will fix you up. They won't. Unless you are a single mother, disabled or elderly. Anyone else will be on the streets. And once there, they can find it very challenging to crawl out of that hole back into mainstream society. We pay more tax than ever before in history and all it seems to be used for is bank bailouts, quantative easing, BTL tax breaks and obscene bonuses paid to the largest national home building firms, off the back of HTB tax subsidies.

I just don't understand why a lot of the younger folk, whom are really hit by the homeless problem in the UK, are not really angry.

Edited by frankvw

HOLA443

Wandering around west end today, saw no less than a dozen people asleep on the streets.....people asking for money on tube......total extremes.... in high-end department stores, opulance and excess......chating to the young sales assistants, all very pleasant......they agreed the diversity of those at the top spending £120 on a bottle of smells, buying what they fancy and the bottom with a sleeping and plastic bag holding all they own in the world...sad state of affairs, puts you off buying what don't need just because you can......no doesn't add up.;)

HOLA444
HOLA445
1 hour ago, Maximus Skepticus said:

as per the title....disgusting correlation

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/homelessness-rough-sleepers-record-england-stats-homeless-people-2017-increase-a8177086.html#commentsDiv

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/markets/quantitative-easing-and-the-asset-purchase-facility

Shame the homeless are too compromised to fight back....300,000 is clearly an official underestimate....every town I visit has 10's if not 100's now.

Social collapse is coming.......before house price collapse

487 billion quid into a few pockets never to be seen again as clearly those buybacks have amounted to zero. There are still no productive jobs or significant wage increase. No-one is spending more than they need to stay alive and work....simple.

Is anyone (other than this site) getting this ffs???

...but the plan of neoliberal economists is working perfectly:

i) transfer of all wealth into the hands of (mostly already-wealthy)corporate stockholders

ii) vilification of the state and its employees in order to convince Joe Sixpack that everything provided by the state is inefficient and wasteful (although no comparative statistics are ever provided)

iii) propaganda to equate taxation with theft, so wealthy individuals and corporations become even wealthier whilst putting less into society (apart from evermore crappy jobs with evermore crappy remuneration and security decreasing to zero)

iii) whilst vilifying the state, and blaming it for problems that were/are caused by the rampant greed and excess of financial speculators, at the same time use it as a facility onto which to foist more and more of your business overheads and losses.

It's all going swimmingly for some, I'd say. The rest get third-world levels of wealth inequality and Donald Trump.

HOLA446

What's the populist solution which requires the least bloodshed by a minority of society?.....according to Game Theory governments will always work to their maximum pay-off rather than the socially optimal outcome...Nash equilibrium.

How is the other side (us) able to reverse or defect from those outcomes or at least invalidate them...?

Edited by Maximus Skepticus

HOLA447
1 hour ago, zilly said:

i) transfer of all wealth into the hands of (mostly already-wealthy)corporate stockholders

ii) vilification of the state and its employees in order to convince Joe Sixpack that everything provided by the state is inefficient and wasteful (although no comparative statistics are ever provided)

iii) propaganda to equate taxation with theft, so wealthy individuals and corporations become even wealthier whilst putting less into society (apart from evermore crappy jobs with evermore crappy remuneration and security decreasing to zero)

iii) whilst vilifying the state, and blaming it for problems that were/are caused by the rampant greed and excess of financial speculators, at the same time use it as a facility onto which to foist more and more of your business overheads and losses.

It's all going swimmingly for some, I'd say. The rest get third-world levels of wealth inequality and Donald Trump.

v) flood the west with 3rd world immigrants to create division and a convenient scapegoat for the problems caused by the above.

HOLA448
1 hour ago, zilly said:

It works great so far, they are on target to own to 2/3 of wealth by 2030,  

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/apr/07/global-inequality-tipping-point-2030

I would add

iv) use central banks to create more debt slaves,  the poor debt is the rich asset,

without this help from CBs the system would collapse as the poor wouldn't have money to buy anything and the rich (company owners) would go bust unless they start paying more for labour, this intervention is keeping the system in a disequilibrium where created money (poor debt) is accumulated by the rich, in the economy without CB props the price of the labour should be set high enough to sustain the economic activity by itself without a need to grow the poor debt (rich assets). Luckily you can't growth the debt forever, at some point the system will crash, even "helicopter money" won't help (the end of the current money).  

HOLA449
HOLA4410

The article has it right. You can sidestep Inheritance Tax by buying farmland and forestry.

Incidentally Dyson is a small player in the land ownership stakes. The Duke of Buccleugh owns 240,000 acres...

www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-1707666/Blue-blooded-Britain-Who-owns-what.html

Edited by juvenal

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I have done a little voluntary work for crisis so I feel like I know a little. The problem is far worse right now than figures would have you believe, in true Tory fashion they simply get as many people of the streets and into dangerous violent hostels where many homeless are terrified to go, more so if there are East Europeans there as well(not Polish). 

The minute the Tories have one of them off the street that's one less on record as being homeless as far as they are concerned, you cannot survive these places long, but the media don't talk about these places just yet. That's the UK we live in today, if you cannot see it it's not happening.

HOLA4413
2 hours ago, juvenal said:

The article has it right. You can sidestep Inheritance Tax by buying farmland and forestry.

Not to mention the subsidies.... and the fact that farm land has been artificially inflated in price over the years. And random planning system windfalls.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
15 hours ago, juvenal said:

Incidentally Dyson is a small player in the land ownership stakes. The Duke of Buccleugh owns 240,000 acres...

www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-1707666/Blue-blooded-Britain-Who-owns-what.html

Worse.  A lot land has never been registered under the current system so is hidden.  No obligation to register until sale, etc.  Then there are trusts and offshore and even onshore companies and "charities".

HOLA4417
18 hours ago, zilly said:

Spot on, plus the later point (v).

It's not just the young that got duped.  Each generation seems to have its own Coolaid.

And maybe some of the intergenerational, etc attackers around here are fakes doing the above's bidding.

Regardless, the masters must be pleased.

Edited by Fence

HOLA4418

Corporate stock holders??

HOLA4419

Pure strawman. There is no such plan. 

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
2 hours ago, Cosmic Lunatic Asylum said:

Impoverish and disenfranchise. Yes the plan is progressing well.

https://www.henrymakow.com/frankfurt-school-satanic-judaism-in-action.html

It has to be done slowly, and in a way the suits the culture of each country; unless of course they don't have a central bank, then mass slaughter using other nations military, is fine. Or like Russia, post 1917, wipe out 66million  Christians (see Nobel Prize winner Solzenitsyn's last book,  never published in English, but you can guess why).

This may also be of interest http://tomatobubble.com/id1218.html

Do you get the impression that the history we are taught is an even bigger pack of lies than some of us thought?

I cannot believe you posted such anti-semitic garbage from Henry Makow, a crank of the first order. 

"First Jews, then Masons and now humanity as a whole has been inducted into this satanic cult, Communism/Zionism, whose aim is to pervert, enslave and exploit humanity. "

HOLA4422

If theres anything at the root, its that banks are special, bankers need to be paid loads, and when they go bad, need bailing out.

All BS.

Banks need to be shutdown, the equity wiped out, bonds slashed and bonuses clawed back.

I dont want to say its all been fixed but .. the rate at which banks are bei g scaled back and capital forced into them is impressive.

Basel3, MMR, bank resolutions, technology  etc. Finally completing big bang deregulation. 30 years and massive crash too late.

HOLA4423
10 minutes ago, Ah-so said:

I cannot believe you posted such anti-semitic garbage from Henry Makow, a crank of the first order. 

"First Jews, then Masons and now humanity as a whole has been inducted into this satanic cult, Communism/Zionism, whose aim is to pervert, enslave and exploit humanity. "

I, for one, would like to welcome Jeremy and Momentum.....

HOLA4424
34 minutes ago, Ah-so said:

"First Jews, then Masons and now humanity as a whole has been inducted into this satanic cult, Communism/Zionism, whose aim is to pervert, enslave and exploit humanity. "

"Under Capitalism man exploits man, but under Communism it's the other way around"

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA4425