House Price Crash Forum

Was Brexit orchestrated by the banks to allow more deregulation and tax avoidance?

HOLA441

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/01/could-brexit-benefit-britains-financial-services/

Ok so I've been thinking this for a while and piecing things together from the various media sources. Although I have been looking at the whole picture rather than mindlessly drinking up what I'm told. I do not read the spectator, but it's the best example of my theory of some of the vested interests plans. Isn't it obvious this was bank lobbying for the exit of the EU to escape the tax laws that are being imposed in 2019 and use the opportunity to spread their tentacles further into power?

Why isn't anyone seeing this the information is right there. It will be a perfect time for deregulation for them as the UK is fighting to keep London, as well as the fact the government are in bed with them. 

Here is a paper showing the obvious danger of this happening

https://academic.oup.com/oxrep/article-abstract/33/suppl_1/S79/3066085?redirectedFrom=PDF

I feel so frustrated at this happening I  front of our eyes, I wonder if anyone else has thought this?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

brexit/trump is just a natural divergence from european politics as a whole. Our systems of governance are fundamentally different from europe and have been for centuries.

in general europe is "big state+ big government"

UK and US are as ron reagan put it with regards to the state- "get out of my life and get out of my wallet"

HOLA445
1 hour ago, oracle said:

brexit/trump is just a natural divergence from european politics as a whole. Our systems of governance are fundamentally different from europe and have been for centuries.

in general europe is "big state+ big government"

UK and US are as ron reagan put it with regards to the state- "get out of my life and get out of my wallet"

Was that before or after he went on the greatest spending spree in US history?

debt-increase-by-president.png

HOLA446
HOLA447
36 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Was that before or after he went on the greatest spending spree in US history?

debt-increase-by-president.png

They say that Republicans increase spending - because they face no opposition in the house to it - and Democrats start wars - because they face no opposition in the house to it.

The way for Britain to make a success of Brexit is to slash spending, taxes and regulation and become a business and tax haven.

HOLA448
HOLA449
18 minutes ago, kirstieb said:

Thanks for the reading material, I'll have a look later on. I just know something is has gone on, and the government don't have the intelligence for it 

Forgive me Kirstieb, but I think you may have some misconceptions over which tribe runs Britain.?Understandable when the constant tripe we are subjected to is taken into account. 

HOLA4410
3 hours ago, oracle said:

Surely you jest. Theresa is determined to insert herself as firmly into my life as possible. 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

A bit too tin foil hatted.

Bank regulation is dictated more by Basel rules on banks and the BoE extra rules.

As far as Goldman goes, again too tinfoiled hatted - Goldmans are traders not really a retail bank - although  tey did get the FED to classify then as one for the TARP.

HOLA4414
1 hour ago, kirstieb said:

That is true about Goldman, however they do have a history of betting against themselves 

Eh?

Goldman trade on all info they ahve.

If a company has asked GS for advise then GS, despite hat they claim, will trade on it.

GS should be forced to be just a trader.

Besides, GS income is falling.

HOLA4415
9 hours ago, Tapori said:

The problem with your theory is that you would have to ignore all the establishment financial institutions literally panicking

That's exactly what happened in the Scottish referendum - and when it came to the vote, I'd say that turned out to be a factor influencing more to vote for separation, than the union.  Ordinary people know exactly who caused the financial crisis that's put them into increasing poverty over the last decade. 

Is it too much of a stretch to imagine the banks knew this?  In a referendum where everyone's social media was being mined for an insight to how they think, and Frankie Boyle one of the most shared social commentators on there?

HOLA4416
5 minutes ago, Bricks n' mortar said:

That's exactly what happened in the Scottish referendum - and when it came to the vote, I'd say that turned out to be a factor influencing more to vote for separation, than the union.  Ordinary people know exactly who caused the financial crisis that's put them into increasing poverty over the last decade. 

Is it too much of a stretch to imagine the banks knew this?  In a referendum where everyone's social media was being mined for an insight to how they think, and Frankie Boyle one of the most shared social commentators on there?

To be  more exact, it was mainly the Scottish banks.

HOLA4417

OK so maybe not orchestrated by the banks, but I can see them more as the scavengers swooping in to take advantage. I think we can all agree that the average billionaire is going to benefit much more than the average person and I think the media did a lot of propaganda to get the vote they wanted. Was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on this, as hardly anyone I know is able to talk about it as they arent interested  :) 

HOLA4418
7 minutes ago, kirstieb said:

OK so maybe not orchestrated by the banks, but I can see them more as the scavengers swooping in to take advantage. I think we can all agree that the average billionaire is going to benefit much more than the average person and I think the media did a lot of propaganda to get the vote they wanted. Was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on this, as hardly anyone I know is able to talk about it as they arent interested  :) 

They are going to do this for anything they can. Its hardly news. :D

The powers that be did not and do not want Brexit. This couldn't be more obvious IMO.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
16 hours ago, kirstieb said:

“The deal has been done,” says Lord Desai. “There will be no hard Brexit. The panic is over. I think house prices in London will now start rising.”

That prospect will not be met with universal rejoicing – but that is another debate.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425