House Price Crash Forum

utilities, do not use

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64705762.html?backListLink=%2Fproperty-for-sale%2Ffind.html%3FsortType%3D2%26viewType%3DLIST%26channel%3DBUY%26index%3D0%26radius%3D0.0%26maxDaysSinceAdded%3D1%26numberOfPropertiesPerPage%3D399%26locationIdentifier%3DUSERDEFINEDAREA%5E%7B%22id%22%3A3981024%7D&onetime_savedPropertyId=64705762#summary64705762

hello,

this property has just come on the market near ours, if you look

at the pictures there is something bizzarre going on. all the utilities, sink, electric owen, washbasin

have a warning sign 'do not use'. i thought maybe the property is not earthed but then why would they

market it if even entering the premises is unsafe?

any thoughts?

19 minutes ago, destroyah said:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64705762.html?backListLink=%2Fproperty-for-sale%2Ffind.html%3FsortType%3D2%26viewType%3DLIST%26channel%3DBUY%26index%3D0%26radius%3D0.0%26maxDaysSinceAdded%3D1%26numberOfPropertiesPerPage%3D399%26locationIdentifier%3DUSERDEFINEDAREA%5E%7B%22id%22%3A3981024%7D&onetime_savedPropertyId=64705762#summary64705762

hello,

this property has just come on the market near ours, if you look

at the pictures there is something bizzarre going on. all the utilities, sink, electric owen, washbasin

have a warning sign 'do not use'. i thought maybe the property is not earthed but then why would they

market it if even entering the premises is unsafe?

any thoughts?

Teak Drive was an estate where you bought a plot and the house was built to your taste, there are some wierd houses on there, one like a Swiss chalet. They went up in the late 60s.

The appliances aren't tested so they put the stickers on, bathroom etc because they don't want to clean again.

the roads looks ok. but wife worried about the fact it is a repo. we live on a road shere there have been a few repos and we have had problems with neighbours.

what are your thoughts on buying a repo? can they necessarily mean problem issues with neighborooud etc etc?

8 minutes ago, destroyah said:

the roads looks ok. but wife worried about the fact it is a repo. we live on a road shere there have been a few repos and we have had problems with neighbours.

what are your thoughts on buying a repo? can they necessarily mean problem issues with neighborooud etc etc?

Teak drive was a nice little estate, I lived on the estate on the other side of the main road and it was a nice place to be.

2 minutes ago, sisyphal said:

I'm guessing Google Maps shows #2.  

Googling '2 Teak Drive Kearsley Companies House' turns up https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07348644/filing-history

Top Stalking ;)

I actually know the houses there and my uncle lives across the road so i asked him :lol:

Now who's stalking? (to be followed by Now who's stalking 2, 3 & 4)

:ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...

its gone for 280k.or

i wanted to bid but the massive 25 meter leylandii hedge at the back put me off. said hedge is 1m away from the neighbour's wall. imho it smells of potential dispute if cracks appear in neighbour property.

probably too cautious but having suffered neighbour issues before i would rather not risk it again.