House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gruffydd

Boe Agent Coming To Survey Me.

A BoE agent is coming to interview me! I e-mailed the BoE about two months ago, explaining the nature of my business, where it was, and my willingness to be surveyed by one of their agents. Now they're coming to survey me. What a good way to provide them with the kind of accurate data they need when they're setting interest rates.

Brilliant. Hit him/her with all guns blazing. Be careful not to let them think prices are still rising but they're falling and a good thing too.

Wish it was me.

Brilliant. Hit him/her with all guns blazing. Be careful not to let them think prices are still rising but they're falling and a good thing too.

Wish it was me.

But will that not cause them to think about lowering IR's to keep the Gordon Clown show on the road?

If it were me I would say that I was saving as much as possible, cutting expenses to the bone, and would only start spending again once there's clear evidence that house prices are falling.

And I would say that I was keeping my savings in gold as protection from continued high inflation. Explain that inflation has actually been very high because of the house prices and you think gold is the best protection. Don't admit to knowing anything about fiat money though or you'll be dismissed as a crackpot etc. Try to seem normal but just not happy with house prices until they fall.

My reasoning is simply to send a message that rising house prices means you'll do the exact opposite of what they want you to do. Just my 2 cents worth... :)

IMHO - DOn't say that you are putting your dosh into gold. Say that you are putting it into a safer currency (Euro?). Mention that you are considering cashing in the lot because House Prices are a joke and you can't see any point in being a part of it.

Or mention that you are considering selling up and getting into BTL because of all the tax breaks :lol: "No need to employ anyone" :lol::lol:

What the BOE need to hear from business is:

"... spiralling cost of raw materials and energy ..."

"... employees demanding raises to cover fuel / council tax / housing ..."

"... margins under pressure ..."

"... putting up prices of own products/services ..."

"... competitors doing likewise ..."

Now, that would be a good hint for an interest rate rise.

Do your best, gruffydd

Surely the thing to tell them is.

All of your savings and investment are in China. You are learning Mandarin so you can move to China, taking a huge UK loan with you (it would be hard to find me) and start up proper, your kids will stay here in the UK until they finish university upon which time they are going to China.

You will return to the UK once you have retired. You plan on buying ten houses here in the mean time and will use the rent to suppliment your state pension and free health care which you will use a lot because you plan on donating all of you limbs to Chinese medical research just before you return to the UK, and using the cash to buy up more houses, raise more children, claim child benifits and teach them to do the same.

Your children understand that this is the most eficient way to rape UK PLC and the only thing that will stop your childrens children from doing exactly the same is if the housing bubble, somehow stops.

The agent may become suspicious, but who knows.

Edited by ?...!

Explain further please Finanical Planner! Why not let them think prices are still rising? Prices rising - IRs rising?

Well, just that so he realises that the VIs don;t know what they're talking about -show him the HBOS report which shows most of England fell last year

Thus he'll realise that things are not as rosy as everyone else paints

Why not? Oil will keep interest rates high in any case.

It might get the Governer to speak out more forcibly about idiots borrowing 10 x etc

Smurf,

If it were me I would say that I was saving as much as possible, cutting expenses to the bone, and would only start spending again once there's clear evidence that house prices are falling.

My reasoning is simply to send a message that rising house prices means you'll do the exact opposite of what they want you to do. Just my 2 cents worth...

Exactly sums up my situation. The more the BOE push the less I spend and more I look at other routes, getting very close to dumping remaining equities and offshoring the money. Equity risk I can take - equity risk and pound collapse, not going there if I can help it.

Well, I've been invited to the BoE's regional inflation reporting session in Cardiff later in the month, if work allows. And they're coming to survey me later in the month. I don't know what I'll say. I did point to local wage inflation caused by increasing housing costs - that's the truth - when they interviewed me earlier on the phone - they didn't like it!

Spent the day working at a local company - one of the (v talented) employees is being forced to move from where he is at the moment, and can't afford to go anywhere else as rents are now so high locally - the only mortgage he could find offered him 50k - enough to buy a garage perhaps? Another has sold to pay off debts and is in the same situation. Another recent employee is moving to Oz - a forced move as he called it. These people are the lifeblood of the local economy..........

Edited by gruffydd

Well, I've been invited to the BoE's regional inflation reporting session in Cardiff later in the month, if work allows. And they're coming to survey me later in the month. I don't know what I'll say. I did point to local wage inflation caused by increasing housing costs - that's the truth - when they interviewed me earlier - they didn't like it!

:lol: I bet they didn't like it, but what do they expect?

Note to self: must remember to put in for an above inflation pay rise this year!