House Price Crash Forum

Prestwich / whitefield border - three bed house

Hello,

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53025276.html?premiumA=true

Having a look on rightmove and this house has caught my attention.

It does not have any neighbours, the garden looks decent even though it backs on green belt. Bury council are developing

green belt like there is not tomorrow so in theory said house could be located next to a future housing development.

Does the price seem fair? one bathroom, none downstairs and the existing one needs ripping out judging by the pics.

Regards,

It's next  to what was the local recycling centre, now that's closed, they plan to build houses there. On the other side of the field is Prestwich Hospital which was, when I was a lad the local lunatic asylum, it's now a mental health centre. The waste water pumping station by the river is all that's left of  what used to be the sewage works. :ph34r:

Ta for the replies.

The land at the back is Bury Council green belt. Does this provide any guarantee that travellers won't appear or Mr  the developer won't buy and plonk 300 houses there?

The recycling centre will be replaced by 4 luxury houses. One of these architect fancy whizzkid developments.

May I ask why do you think it needs a rewire? I got the same impression from the pics of the kitchen read lack of sockets.

Also the conservatory may be unheated.

How much would you pay for it?

8 hours ago, destroyah said:

Ta for the replies.

The land at the back is Bury Council green belt. Does this provide any guarantee that travellers won't appear or Mr  the developer won't buy and plonk 300 houses there?

The recycling centre will be replaced by 4 luxury houses. One of these architect fancy whizzkid developments.

May I ask why do you think it needs a rewire? I got the same impression from the pics of the kitchen read lack of sockets.

Also the conservatory may be unheated.

How much would you pay for it?

I left that area 25 years ago so I might be out of date on prices :D