Where's Venger

HOLA441
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

I found the thread:

It's archived so apparently can't be quoted.

Venger wrote:

"Thought the rears first post was a vintage 1980s pic.

I can't play this game, for I have my true love, even though she has a bum that like two badly parked VW Beetles."

When someone mentions their other half is a woman do you usually assume she's a lesbian?

HOLA443
3 minutes ago, Kosmin said:

I found the thread:

Venger wrote:

I can't play this game, for I have my true love, even though she has a bum that like two badly parked VW Beetles."

When someone mentions their other half is a woman do you usually assume she's a lesbian?

No but I don't dismiss the possibility :D

HOLA444
8 minutes ago, Kosmin said:

I found the thread:

Venger wrote:

TBH I've no idea why I think Venger is a woman. All I can say is that, from their posts, I  assumed they were a man, and something made me go, "oh, Venger's female - how surprising."

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

you guys should trawl looking for off kilter comments by venger and then transpose them into a huge post interspersed with glib comments pointing out the conflicting comments/opiniond with other comments, each referring to a dynamic index so a linked list of opinions can be quickly referenced and used to nullify any current comments/opinions.

A database of hypocrisy if you will.

Alternatively you might not bother.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
2 hours ago, tomandlu said:

Being angry on the internet changes even less. Real life protests? I never noticed Venger setting up a demo in Trafalgar Square or, thank god, advocating the fire-bombing of EAs.

What you can do on the internet is engage with people of different views and be open. At the very least, you might hear something of interest, and, at best, you or they might find themselves thinking again about assumptions. You don't get any of that with anger.

If I had one main message to give to this board and if anyone was to listen :)  isn't tidy to keep all the UK's disenchanted safely tucked  away on the web and off the streets. My one biggest mistake and I see it on here a lot is the assumption that this bad, wrong, immoral housing market, and it is all of those things and worse, will return to itself on it's own like there is some kind of benevolent force in the world that rights these wrongs.

I went through an amazing wonderful period several years ago where I was really living, in my head I knew that the housing market was broken and that it was not fit for purpose, so I just had a great time here there and everywhere knowing things would go my way in a few years time. In recent times I have realised that just because things were once different and better it is far from true that things again revert, quite the opposite. After 300 AD the Roman Empire never returned, rightly or wrongly mass immigration will never be reversed, and just maybe the perceived housing shortage will never be addressed unless forced.

Complaining on the internet will change nothing, just think what really changed the Poll tax and you might be on the right lines.

HOLA4420
2 hours ago, Kosmin said:

He says "I'm a member of 30+ other forums" here and posted this

2hq77zp.jpg

I do not know who "Venger" is but he seems a little bit obsessive. 30+ forums all with an encrypted text file (containing user credentials I assume?) Needs a different u/p for sites like UKCAMPSITE and UKHIPPY and MUMSNET and all the rest etc. for security reasons? God forbid he lose access to his original screen name and gets impersonated in these places?

You people may be doing him a disservice begging him to come back.

HOLA4421

Is he perhaps exercising his choices in the market and using a different forum?

Anyone else think the guy might be foreign? He always seemed to miss out words from sentences, like he would have written the above "choices. Market? Different forum?"

Made me wonder if English wasn't his first language. 

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
1 hour ago, AdamoMucci said:

You people may be doing him a disservice begging him to come back.

I'm not begging. Ignoring the issue of whether they were a positive or a negative presence on this forum, I've been genuinely worried for them for some time - it really isn't healthy to spend so much of your day being angry - and Venger could really flip out without any sense of proportion or plain good manners.

Was it my imagination, or did their posting rate start to drop off anyway? Anyway, I wish them well.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425