House Price Crash Forum

Nationwide Feb 2018

rantnrave

HOLA441
1 hour ago, anonguest said:

Can you hear it yet? All the wailing and proposals for yet another government scheme to put money into the hands of adverse weather inflicted poverty victims. With yet another catchy acronym. And all because no one has the ability to save anything at all for a rainy (or snowy) day.

How about 'CRAP' (Cash Relief Adverse weather Provision). 

I'm never very creative with these sorts of things. Maybe someone else can do better?  ;-)

I refuse to take out the type of mortgage the government want me to take out, unspoken though that message is. I have a nice bundle in the bank and am in the higher tax bracket. Already the government sees fit to take money off me so FTB's on probably less money than me can buy a home using taxpayers money, and the paranoid side of me tells me they would also like to get hold of my cash stash to give to them as well.

Can anyone remind me of any traditional  conservative ideology left anymore, it seems like 100% of their policies are based around getting the new generation to dig their own graves though they have done no wrong in order to keep those from the past who very much did wrong, and still do, in lifestyles they do not deserve.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
24 minutes ago, inbruges said:

getting the new generation to dig their own graves though they have done no wrong in order to keep those from the past who very much did wrong, and still do, in lifestyles they do not deserve.

It is for this reason I will never vote for them again, but rejoice when certain one’s croak.  I don’t dislike them, I hate them.

HOLA443
30 minutes ago, Freezer? Best place for it said:

It is for this reason I will never vote for them again, but rejoice when certain one’s croak.  I don’t dislike them, I hate them.

30 minutes ago, Freezer? Best place for it said:

The way I see things it was Blair that introduced slavery and those that followed carrying it on, and is always the way with these things they are never easily removed once introduced as evil and immoral as it is. Tony Blair is the scumbag that started this rot and it takes someone with vision, guts and most importantly decency to reverse things for the better.

It won't be T. May though, she is the Geoff Boycott of politics

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
1 hour ago, Freezer? Best place for it said:

I agree, the course was set by Blair, but to continue doesn’t earn a row of beans.  Cameron should be ashamed.

Cameron was just a spoilt little shallow brat that just wanted the title of Prime Minister on his CV, much like Boris wants. But unlike Blair I don't think he was evil, in all honesty the only thing I really got from the sincere Cameron was this over riding passion to save guard  inheritance wealth for later generations. With all the problems in this country and he decides that's the one great injustice, f*** those trying to work their way out of the gutter.

He really did live up to the snooty public school boy image and at the same time was a slimy secondhand car salesman , I never believed a word that ever came out of his mouth.

PS  For the record and I know he was not perfect, ERM for example, but I thought John Major was the last good Tory leader

HOLA449
29 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I received an email today from Coventry BS lowering its savings rate, spouting some s**t about mortgage rates being low

IMHO, those feckers are going bust when a collapse comes.

It's 2007 all over again!!!

I got that email and I was wondering about shifting my savings away from CBS.  They lowered their rates a few years ago but then bumped them up again and have been better than average till now.  It was a slimy, groveling email and helped me to remember how we are being lied to again and again.

HOLA4410
2 minutes ago, dougless said:

I got that email and I was wondering about shifting my savings away from CBS.  They lowered their rates a few years ago but then bumped them up again and have been better than average till now.  It was a slimy, groveling email and helped me to remember how we are being lied to again and again.

I think they have dropped the rates because the BoE are about to raise the rates

Bunch of ****s

Sooner I get my cash out of there thew better

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
6 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

Still leading on the annual figure "slowing" with the monthly figure casually buried in the text.  Lots of "softening", "weakening" etc and the only "fell" next to the actual -0.3 that they inconveniently can't spin any other way.

Poor 3/10

UK house prices fell in February, Nationwide says

You need your eyes tested :D. how much bigger did you want the headline

HOLA4413
3 hours ago, inbruges said:

The way I see things it was Blair that introduced slavery and those that followed carrying it on, and is always the way with these things they are never easily removed once introduced as evil and immoral as it is. Tony Blair is the scumbag that started this rot and it takes someone with vision, guts and most importantly decency to reverse things for the better.

It won't be T. May though, she is the Geoff Boycott of politics

Bit harsh on Boycott.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
7 hours ago, rantnrave said:

For the record, last month's 0.6% increase has been revised UPWARDS to a 0.8% increase...

December's 0.6% increase has been revised down to 0.5%

Smoke and mirrors I tell ye...

This, meaning it would of been a bigger drop, Bunch of @@@@s.

HOLA4416
1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I think they have dropped the rates because the BoE are about to raise the rates

Bunch of ****s

Sooner I get my cash out of there thew better

They dropped your rate saving because after the Theft From Savers (TFS) ended yesterday their borrowing for mortgages will increase. Rather than increase their customers mortgage rates, they reduced their saver rates instead. They retain their profit margin at the expense of savers.

NS&I instead?

Edited by Democorruptcy

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
11 hours ago, inbruges said:

Cameron was just a spoilt little shallow brat that just wanted the title of Prime Minister on his CV, much like Boris wants. But unlike Blair I don't think he was evil, in all honesty the only thing I really got from the sincere Cameron was this over riding passion to save guard  inheritance wealth for later generations. With all the problems in this country and he decides that's the one great injustice, f*** those trying to work their way out of the gutter.

He really did live up to the snooty public school boy image and at the same time was a slimy secondhand car salesman , I never believed a word that ever came out of his mouth.

PS  For the record and I know he was not perfect, ERM for example, but I thought John Major was the last good Tory leader

+1, except about major, especially his current yapping.

HOLA4421
17 hours ago, darkmarket said:

The London crash should take care of that in a lot of places, they'll feel like more of an indulgence when your paper gains are being wiped out. Exit doors are looking squeezed already.

Bit like my comments re Prezzo, IMHO when property either main residence or second home isn’t a one way capital generating  bet and it’s running costs are increased ( it’s already happening in a frog boiling way - council tax up, second homes going to be taxed more, energy and insurance up in general ) their will be a structural change 

Then the fractional/sharing ownership model will seem so much more attractive. Why have all the above ag when I can use a facility where I want, when I want for peanuts.

There will be plenty of supply as owners try to recoup some of their rising costs. 

Airbnb, Zip car, netjets, self driving pod cars you call up on your app it’s the future way of using (other) peoples assets 

HOLA4422
5 hours ago, Fence said:

+1, except about major, especially his current yapping.

I do understand you, but now I will make it worse and support Clarke as well:)

But if anyone goes back and checks the history books they will find that Major and Clarke as chancellor left Nu-Labor in 1997 a Rolls Royce of an economy with a full tank which by the end of Gordon Browns term in office had been turned into a 1980's Skoda with an empty tank and running on fumes.

They squandered everything, maxed out the credit cards and got the whole of the UK to believe after ramping houses prices up through debt that Mortgage equity relief was real wealth, a belief system that is still with is today.

HOLA4423
3 hours ago, inbruges said:

But if anyone goes back and checks the history books they will find that Major and Clarke as chancellor left Nu-Labor in 1997 a Rolls Royce of an economy with a full tank which by the end of Gordon Browns term in office had been turned into a 1980's Skoda with an empty tank and running on fumes.

They squandered everything, maxed out the credit cards and got the whole of the UK to believe after ramping houses prices up through debt that Mortgage equity relief was real wealth, a belief system that is still with is today.

They were all cr*p.  Always were, always will be.  Ungifted Oxbridge amateurs, none of whom understand real business nor economics, supported by a similar civil service.  Major, Clarke and co, reaped the one off benefits of neo-liberalism, and Gordon, Balls, Blair and co then misused, probably out of a mix of deluded ignorance and arrogance, the toys of mass destruction neo-liberalism provided.  And so went Cameron and Osbourne.  And so goes May and Hammond.  And so will go Corbyn and co.  None of these were, or will ever be, the greats of their time.  The issue is systemic so the faces don't matter.   

Edited by Fence

HOLA4424
20 hours ago, inbruges said:

YEP sums the snooty &@% to a T

HOLA4425
7 hours ago, inbruges said:

Difficult times then, the Tories needed to be kicked out, but Ken Clarke had turned the economy around and the national debt was falling too. Bliar looked like the answer, and as Brown kept Clarke's spending plans for a few years things people ignored the obvious truth that Bliar was not the answer (the Tories were still the nasty party though). So Blair won his second term and Brown ripped up Clarke's spending plans and everything looked ok for a few years.... then the very very predictable happened....