House Price Crash Forum

2 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Southampton isn't where the best paid jobs are?

https://www.nomisweb.co.uk/reports/lmp/la/1946157287/report.aspx#tabempunemp

It's as commutable as Northampton is.

Looks liek no end of 1/2 bed flats appearing.

Family homes outside the centre at insane prices tho.

Looks like the immigrants might be off home perhaps.

1 minute ago, Errol said:

Both of those house look shockingly nasty.

Much the same as my mates then :lol: 

Looks like "investors" trying to get rid.

a 50% fall on those prices wouldnt be a shock to me ( meaning a 50% drop from 2010 prices !!! ).

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Lots of Student flats have been built in the last 3 years now making a difference in private student lets, add in a few big employers (Skandia/Old Mutual, BAT, HSBC, the Docks etc) making redundancies/moving offices as well as was what the largest concentration of Polish in the UK moving out of Southampton is finally all adding up.

12 minutes ago, Monkey said:

Lots of Student flats have been built in the last 3 years now making a difference in private student lets, add in a few big employers (Skandia/Old Mutual, BAT, HSBC, the Docks etc) making redundancies/moving offices as well as was what the largest concentration of Polish in the UK moving out of Southampton is finally all adding up.

I thought that might be the case.  I'd imagine that student let thing will happen up and down the country.

2 hours ago, Monkey said:

They have build several large buildings in Kingston for students.. house prices are down.. it’s all the students fault.. ?

43 minutes ago, TonyJ said:

This house is NOT detached. If you look at the photo, it is joined on to the house next door.

nope, unless its a line of sealant, i see a definate 1 inch gap between the brick craphole and the white rendered money pit.

The bin weeds and the cannabis plants over the wall define a natural border.

Never been to southhampton, hopefully never will.

1 hour ago, Will! said:

Solent University going bust.

Lots of BTL student slumlords selling up.

Massive overbuilding of rabbit hutch flats.

Nothing comes close to overbuild like Woking and Basingstoke old train yards.

Theyve built a future, horizontal slum estate right by the station.

10 hours ago, fluteroop said:

Is 275k good for a modern build townhouse? 

Price conditioned myself to believe it is... still over 10x median local earnings no doubt.

Wake me up when these shitboxes are £1

:lol: 

You see my point.  These places were massively over priced in 2010 now they are still massively over priced even with their prices around the 2010 levels

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere
3 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

:lol: 

You see my point.  These places were massively over priced in 2010 now they are still massively over priced even with their prices around the 2010 levels

Yes the game is running out of steam. Amidst the odd realistic article appearing in off-track publications, main sheeple news is "generation rent finally get on ladder" (most 1st time buyers in x amount of time blah) 

The greatest fools are piling in at this point. Despite this, and everything pointing towards major economic trauma elsewhere, I still don't have that hope I used to have; that hope for sanity and a fairer country. 

I still hope that debt slavery shows itself for what it is on a grand scale, but I feel the banksters and related VIs have plenty more tricks up their sleeve. Off top of my head: i) COMPENSASHUN for all those unfortunate home'owners' whose lives would undoubtedly be destroyed;  ii) A game changer such as UBI or a massive wage inflation (can't they just create some digital zeros and give it to employers to pay staff what it really would take to "live" here rather than survive in bondage.) Oh wait...

Edited by fluteroop