House Price Crash Forum

Sudden stratospheric warming lengthy cold snap to UK

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Errol said:

This weather has got to be having a large impact on the economy.

I would think so this is the usual time people start getting back up to full speed.

If your hanging on by a threat after the quiet part of the year this is definitely not going to help.

As for houses not many viewing this week methinks

What a load of bo**ocks!

Just heard even kids at one school are not allowed to touch the snow!

Please, I hope I don't end up on a desert island with this lot - I'll have to eat them!

Hilarious (in a macabre way) if you know the serious sh*t going on to maintain a safe country for people to behave like this.

Love to take them on a tour but they'll break down and mess themselves.

RIP the unsung heroes of the real world.

Edited by Fence

Local town was like a ghost town about four o' clock with most shops shut early so sure to have a knock effect GDP wise. About eight inches of snow on the hills, a bit less in the valleys. Parked half a mile from the house to get wife to railway station tomorrow for work. Living at the end of a cart track has its disadvantages.

4 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

Local town was like a ghost town about four o' clock with most shops shut early so sure to have a knock effect GDP wise. About eight inches of snow on the hills, a bit less in the valleys. Parked half a mile from the house to get wife to railway station tomorrow for work. Living at the end of a cart track has its disadvantages.

I really don't get the general impact on GDP logic. 

It will just be delayed. If I am needing to get a new pair of jeans or fridge I'm just going to get them next week rather today.

I suppose entertainment type things could be impacted. But a few days is hardly a lot. And even then most folk if they were planning a meal , pics or a night in the boozer will just do it another time instead.

4 minutes ago, ccc said:

I really don't get the general impact on GDP logic. 

It will just be delayed. If I am needing to get a new pair of jeans or fridge I'm just going to get them next week rather today.

I suppose entertainment type things could be impacted. But a few days is hardly a lot. And even then most folk if they were planning a meal , pics or a night in the boozer will just do it another time instead.

Yep point taken.

Edited by crashmonitor

Now low on Gas, about 50% of our electricity comes from burning gas.

They have to burn dirty old coal to keep the lights on. http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/

National Grid as issued a warning that the UK will not have enough gas to meet demand on Thursday, as temperatures plummeted and imports were hit by outages.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/mar/01/uk-is-running-out-of-gas-national-grid-warns-freezing-weather

Edited by Lord D'arcy Pew